Rubber bonding Adhesives Market: Overview
- Rubber bonding adhesives are manufactured by mixing elastic polymers in a solvent. They possess high strength and heat resisting properties.
- Rubber bonding adhesives are primarily used in building & construction, aerospace, automotive, and electrical & electronics applications
- Rubber bonding adhesives consist of high, low, medium viscosity cyanoacrylate, epoxy, silicone and light curing formulations. These adhesives replace mechanical fasteners, ultrasonic welding, and solvent bonding techniques.
- Rubber bonding adhesives save time, reduce production costs, and eliminate the need for corrosive and dangerous materials. These adhesives bond natural and synthetic rubber and are ideal for bonding hard to bond plastics also. They have low viscosity, are easy to use, require no mixing or heat cure, 100% reactive, no solvents, and possess a highly rapid set time.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of rubber bonding adhesives market
- Increasing demand for lightweight passenger cars that offer higher fuel economy and lower emissions has driven sales of high performance rubber bonding adhesives across the global automotive industry.
- Rubber bonding adhesives have diverse usage in both interior and exterior automotive applications. These adhesives can reduce weight by substituting nuts and bolts and thereby increase the fuel economy of vehicles. Conventional welding and other mechanical fastening methods are expected to be replaced by rubber bonding adhesives owing to their superior bonding capabilities.
- Rubber bonding adhesives are majorly utilized for tiling applications, attaching drywall, fixtures to walls, ceiling applications, bathroom flooring, and molding applications in the construction sector. In developing countries, such as India and China, rapid expansion of the construction industry is projected to offer significant opportunity to the manufacturers of rubber bonding adhesives during the forecast.
- The automotive industry is switching to lightweight materials in order to reduce to the weight of vehicles. This, in turn, is driving the automotive industry segment of the rubber bonding adhesive market.
- Stringent regulations formulated by environmental authorities on the utilization of adhesives with high Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) is projected to prompt key players in the market to develop bio-based adhesives. Therefore, manufacturers are undertaking various strategic initiatives, such as extensive R&D activities, in order to manufacture sustainable products.
Volatility in cost of raw materials likely to hamper market
- Key raw materials used to manufacture rubber bonding adhesives are sourced from crude oil and petrochemicals. Volatility in prices of crude oil and petrochemical products has affected the profitability of participants and is likely to hamper the rubber bonding adhesives during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific expected to hold large share in the global rubber bonding adhesives market
- In terms of region, the global rubber bonding adhesives market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific was a leading market for rubber bonding adhesives, globally, in 2018. Robust demand for these adhesives from end-user industries, such as transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture industry, in the region is expected to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market.
- China is the world largest producer of automotive and is majorly focusing on increasing the production and sale of electric vehicles in the country. Rising production of electric vehicles is likely to boost the rubber bonding adhesives market.
- In India, rise in investment in the automotive industry is projected to boost the production of automotive in the country. Utilization of rubber bonding adhesives in the automotive industry to reduce the weight of the vehicle is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- The automotive industry in India, China, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia, has been witnessing robust expansion. Furthermore, expansion of the construction industry is propelling the rubber bonding adhesives market in the region.
- Production of vehicles is rising considerably in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Expansion of the automotive industry in the region is expected to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market during the forecast period.
- In Asia Pacific, investments in the residential and commercial construction sectors have been increasing at a robust rate, which is further expected to fuel the demand for rubber bonding adhesives for construction applications during the forecast period.
- The rubber adhesives market in Europe is dominated by Germany, France, and the U.K., in terms of consumption, across a wide range of applications. Expansion of the rubber bonding adhesives market in Europe is driven by increasing demand from automobile, medical, engineering, and electronics industries in the region.
- In the U.S., the demand for rubber bonding adhesives is driven by the presence of a large number of end-use industries and a rise in spending in the construction sector. Furthermore, easy availability of raw materials in the form of shale gas coupled with numerous strategic initiatives adopted by companies is likely to drive the rubber bonding adhesives market in the U.S.
- Recovery of the construction industry in Latin America and development of bio-based products are likely to offer significant opportunity to the rubber bonding adhesives market during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Rubber Bonding Adhesives Market here
Key players operating in the rubber bonding adhesives market
The global rubber bonding adhesives market is highly consolidated with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the market. Key players operating in the rubber bonding adhesives market include
- BASF SE
- Huntsman Corporation
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- LORD Corporation
- B. Fuller Company
- Permabond LLC.
- Sika AG
Global Rubber Bonding Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Rubber Bonding Adhesives Market, by Type
- Natural rubber
Global Rubber Bonding Adhesives Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & construction
- Electrical & electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.