Human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a virus that commonly causes lower respiratory tract infection. Human respiratory syncytial virus infections are acquired during hospital visits. Infants and in young children are more prone to human respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection. RSV infections affect lungs and respiratory tract of an individual. In premature babies and children with previous presence of diseases, RSV infections affect heart and immune systems as well resulting in serious illness. Common symptoms of RSV infection include, cold, cough, headache and weakness. Human RSV infection is highly contagious and its mode of transfer is through liquid droplets produced during coughing and sneezing.
All the RSV diagnostics tests currently available in the market use sputum and saliva as specimen for detection of RSV infection. Based on the tests used to detect RSV infection, this market is segmented as follows:
- Rapid antigen detection test
- Cell culture test
- Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) kits
- Serological tests
Many clinics perform antigen detection test for diagnosis of human respiratory syncytial virus infection. In most of the cases, results of antigen detection tests are validated by cell culture tests. Antigen detection testsare 80% to 90% more sensitive than cell culture test for detection of RSV infection. Currently, reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) kits are also available in the market for the detection of human respiratory syncytial virus. Though serological tests are available in the market, they are less frequently used for routine diagnosis. Furthermore,based on the type of end users, the RSV diagnosis market is segmented as follows:
- Physicians’ offices
- Commercial labs
- Private Labs
Some of the major companies contributing to global RSV diagnostics market are Becton, Dickinson and Company, Abbott Laboratories, Alere, Inc., Quidel Corporation, and Focus Diagnostics, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.