Router and Switch Market: Overview
The router and switch market is estimating to grow at a rapid pace across the forecast period of 2019-2028 due to the advent of the new coronavirus pandemic. SARS-CoV-2 spreads rapidly through close contact and touch. Hence, the governments of various countries imposed lockdowns that forced a major chunk of people to work from home. This will be the new norm even post-lockdown, thus, bringing the router and switch market in the limelight. Internet connection is of utmost importance for a smooth work-from-home mechanism. Therefore, the router and switch market expects to gain considerable momentum throughout the forecast period.
This upcoming report on the router and switch market provides an in-depth analysis of the current market situation. The report covers components like competitive landscape, key players, regional analysis, and ongoing trends. The report also offers thorough research on how the COVID-19 pandemic will impact the router and switch market. The segmental study enables an individual to thoroughly understand the router and switch market.
Your search for a thorough COVID-19 analysis of the router and switch market ends here. Get an exclusive report now
Router and Switch Market: Competitive Analysis and Key Developments
The router and switch market is highly competitive with numerous players competing with each other. The key players are involved in varied research and development activities to introduce new technologies and efficient mechanisms to stand out from others. Mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, partnerships, and joint ventures are frequently undertaken by numerous players to strengthen their position in the router and switch market. Key players involved in the router and switch market are Huawei Technologies, ZTE Corporation, Cisco, and Juniper Networks.
- The router and switch market is making inroads in the military and aerospace applications too. Curtiss-Wright recently introduced a Cisco-based Parvus DuraMAR secure mobile network router for use in embedded military and aerospace applications.
- TP-LINK launched the Archer AX6000, a Wi-Fi 6 router loaded with 1GB RAM and 128MB flash memory.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure for this report
Router and Switch Market: Key Trends
The router and switch market may bank greatly on the work-from-home aspect across the forecast period. Consistent government support may prove to be beneficial for the router and switch market. The launch of projects such as broadband highways will trigger the growth of the router and switch market to a great extent. Growing dependence on cloud-based systems may also prove to be a growth generator for the router and switch market. Also, Wi-Fi spots around various colleges and campuses and the rise in a number of e-retailers may sow the seeds of growth in the router and switch market.
To tackle the growing Wi-Fi router hacking threat, manufacturers are focusing on improving the security configurations for making routers more secure. Inbuilt denial-of-service (DoS) attack protections, options for setting parental controls as well as the capability of filtering unwarned domains are some of the important features that may prove to be beneficial for boosting the sales of the router and switch market.
Router and Switch Market: Regional Analysis
On the regional front, North America will dominate the router and switch market with the rising trend of work-from-home gathering steam in the region. According to Global Workplace Analytics, 25-30 percent of the workforce in the U.S. will be working from home for more than one day a week over the next 2 years. Hence, this factor will influence the growth of the router and switch market in North America to a great extent. Besides, advanced broadband infrastructure and the requirement of a strong network mechanism for supporting a plethora of devices may help the router and switch market to climb the growth ladder.
Asia Pacific also expects to record a steady growth across the forecast period due to large scale demand for on-demand viewing, growing usage of tablets, smartphones, and on-demand viewing.
Global router and switch market is experiencing significant growth rate owing to the driving factors like video, carrier Ethernet, and convergence of residential and business networks. This trend is expected to continue in future in addition to wireless backhaul, which is currently an emerging opportunity that is expected to become a strong market driver in the near future. Increasing use of carrier Ethernet technology and increasing bandwidth usage is one of the major reasons driving this market. Mobiles phones are becoming integral part of day to day communication and they are increasingly used for carrying out business operations even in rural areas. Other significant application areas include personal banking, internet and others.
- Internet Exchange Router
- Service Provider Core Router
- Multiservice Edge Router
- Ethernet Service Edge Router
- Broadband Aggregation (BRAS)
- Internet Data Center/ Colocation/ Hosting
- ATM switch
- Ethernet Aggregation
- Ethernet Access
- Demarcation/Network Termination Device
This research report analyzes this market based on its market segments and major geographies. This report analyzes the industry growth rate¸ industry capacity, industry structure, market drivers, restraints, and market projections for upcoming years. It also includes analysis of current developments in router and switch market, Porter’s five force analysis, and detail profiles of top industry players. Research report on router and switches provides detailed review of macro and micro factors significant for existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
The major geographies studied under this research study are
- North America
- Rest of the World
Some of the key players in this market are Actelis Networks, ADTRAN, ADVA Optical Networking, Aktino, Alcatel-Lucent, ANDA Networks, Avici Systems, Ceterus Networks, Cisco Systems, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Force10 Networks, Foundry Networks, Hammerhead Systems, Hatteras Networks, Huawei Technologies, Juniper Networks, MRV Communications Inc., RAD Data Communications Networks, Seabridge Networks, Telco Systems, Tellabs Inc., ZTE Corporation, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.