Rooibos tea Market: Outlook
Rooibos tea is an herbal tea, made up of the leaves of rooibos, a plant native to South Africa. Rooibos tea is also known by its synonyms like red bush tea, African red tea, etc. Rooibos tea has been very much popular in South Africa for generations but is now consumed in many countries across the globe. Rooibos tea has various health benefits; it cures headache, asthma, insomnia, bone weakness, hypertension, allergies, and premature aging. Rooibos tea has a sweet, delicate, and aromatic flavor. Rooibos tea contains chemical compounds, antioxidant, and enzymes that help in reducing inflammation that causes pain and prevents illness.
In the global rooibos tea market, the demand for rooibos tea is experiencing huge surge due to its various health benefits, as it is rich in antioxidants, has low tannins, and is caffeine free. In the global rooibos tea market, the demand for rooibos tea is the highest from Africa, Middle East, American and Asian countries. As the consumption of tea is very high globally, the demand for rooibos would be high in the forecast period. Due to an increase in the demand for this product, investors who have invested in this market can expect high returns in the future.
Rooibos tea alternative to green/black tea:
Rooibos tea has abundant health benefits. It contains antioxidants which help in curing various health problems. It controls cholesterol levels and provides cardiovascular benefits. In 2011, a test was taken on the cardiovascular disease patients 40 people drank 6 cups of Rooibos Tea for six weeks. In the end, the result was good it reduced the bad cholesterol and increased the good cholesterol. The primary benefit of consuming Rooibos Tea is that it doesn't contain caffeine, which is found in coffee, black tea as well as in green tea. Rooibos Tea is a good option for people who avoid caffeine completely. Rooibos Tea also controls the blood sugar level in diabetes patients. People are opting safe way to reduce weight by consuming green tea, but green tea contains caffeine so for those people who avoid caffeine can take Rooibos Tea for weight loss purpose. The demand of the Rooibos Tea is increasing due to its various applications in health care. The demand for Rooibos Tea is growing because it is a safe beverage as well as a remedy with no side-effects if taken in the correct quantity.
Global Rooibos Tea: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global Rooibos Tea market has been segmented as-
On the basis of varieties, the global Rooibos Tea market has been segmented as-
- Red or “Original” Rooibos Tea
- Green Rooibos Tea
On the basis of end use, the global Rooibos Tea market has been segmented as-
- Health care
- Others (Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics)
On the basis of distribution channel, the global Rooibos Tea market has been segmented as-
- Store-Based Retailing
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Health Food Stores
- Online Retailing
Global Rooibos Tea: key players
Some of the major manufacturers and suppliers operating in Rooibos Tea market are Rooibos Ltd., Fides Tea Impex Private, SA Tea, SA Rooibos, Lady Bonin's Tea (PTY) Ltd, English Tea Shop USA Corp, Herbes del Molí, Coop.V., Only Natural Products, The Tea Spot, CHOU AND ASSOCIATES INC., Serengeti Teas and Spices, and many more from South Africa, US, India, China, and Greek. An increasing number of herbal product players are showing their keen interest in introducing Rooibos Tea into their product portfolio, which is also expected to increase the demand for the same during the upcoming period.
Opportunities for market participants:
Growing health consciousness globally is the major factor which would raise the demand for rooibos tea. Most of the people in the region of the Asia Pacific and the Middle East are opting green tea for health benefits, but it contains caffeine. Rooibos tea is the best alternative to green and black tea as it doesn’t contain caffeine and have all the benefits which a green or black tea have. Rooibos Tea is safer to consume as compared to green and black tea. From brew to cosmetics, rooibos tea is used for various purposes. The addiction to tea, mostly in Asia Pacific and Americas is expected to have a significant impact on the consumption of Rooibos Tea during the forecast period. Also, the trend of fitness and losing weight is growing globally including the region of India and nearby countries, for them, Rooibos Tea would be a natural remedy to stay fit. So by considering the above factors, it would be a great opportunity for the rooibos tea manufacturer to spread it globally for the increment in rooibos tea market in the upcoming period.
Global Rooibos Tea: A Regional Outlook:
Rooibos or rooibos tea is native to South Africa. Rooibos tea is used as a traditional medicine in the region of Africa. It is made the same as black tea but doesn’t contain caffeine. Rooibos tea consumption is good in Asian countries like Srilanka, India, China but the majority of the consumers are from Africa and the Middle East. The increasing demand for rooibos tea in these regions can be attributed to various factors such as the people in these regions are addicted to tea. Also, the demand for rooibos tea is rising in the health-conscious people all over the world which is also expected to boost the rooibos tea market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.