Rocker Switch: Introduction
- Rocker switches house a button for operation that can be pressed on either end to connect or disconnect an electrical circuit. They are often used as on/off switches on the main power supply for electronic devices.
- Rocker switches are electro mechanical devices which open and close contact to control the flow of current. A rocker switch is a subset of manually actuated switches, where the interface is an actuator (rocker), which rocks or pivots around the center point, typically providing either two or three positions.
- In other words, when one side of the rocker switch is pressed, the other side rises, very much like a rocking horse or a seesaw. Rocker switches can be momentary or maintained (spring return or stay on or stay off) and can be mounted into a panel or pedant assembly. Rocker switches have extensive applications - from household items such as power switches on the back of a computer to heavy equipment controls, military field equipment, and a variety of heavy duty applications.
- Rocker switches are ideal for tactical military applications such as gun sighting and night vision systems. They are also suitable for power equipment, commercial appliances, and automotive, machinery, and medical equipment. Often they are illuminated and offer some tactile indication of the on and off position. Two types of switches are made by switch manufacturers: single-pole rocker switches and multi-pole rocker switches. The single-pole rocker switch offers attractive actuator styling with multiple options.
Rocker Switch Market: Dynamics
- Factors that drive the growth of the rocker switch market include increasing demand for rocker switches in automobiles, military auto parts, and machines and applications in marine industries.
- The restraint for the market is related to the efficiency of the switches; they are to be replaced after a certain amount of switch operations. The availability of alternatives such as traditional switches that are available at low cost is also likely to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
- Miniature rocker switches are also available in the market and their main advantage is that they occupy considerably less space than the larger versions typically used in the U.K. and U.S. This provides various opportunities to the rocker switch market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automobile Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- The global rocker switch market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into single-pole rocker switches and multi-pole rocker switches.
- On the basis of application, the rocker switch market has been segmented into home appliances, automotive, marine, aerospace, military, and others.
- Aerospace, military, and automobile segments are the most attractive markets for rocker switches, since these switches are used in engineering vehicles and SUVs
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- Based on region, the global rocker switch market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Asia Pacific which comprises China, India, South Korea, Australia, and other rising economies captured significant share of the rocker switch market followed by North America. Many of the European countries are pervasively using rocker switches.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to show the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to continuous developments in the switches. China represents huge potential for the rocker switch market with the low cost of raw materials and huge production facilities in the country. However, the U.S is expected to exhibit high market growth over the forecast period owing to its technological advancement and high capital expenditure.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global rocker switch market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global rocker switch market are focusing on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for rocker switches. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global rocker switch market include:
- CK Components
- Littelfuse, APEM (IDEC)
- Carling Technologies
- NKK Switches TAIWAY Electronics
- Oslo Switch Inc.
- Everel Group
- OTTO Engineering
- Marquardt Mechatronik, Innocent Electronics
- Dongnan Electronics
- Taclex Electronics
- E-Switch, Inc. (Stein Industries)
- Shanghai Yongxing Electronic Switch
- Daier Electron
- Yih Sean Enterpris
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Rocker Switch Market, Request for a Sample
Global Rocker Switch Market: Research Scope
Global Rocker Switch Market, by Type
- Single-pole Rocker Switch
- Multi- pole Rocker Switch
Global Rocker Switch Market, by Application
- Engineering vehicles
Global Rocker Switch Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.