Robot Controller Market: Introduction
A robot controller is an electronic device that helps to operate industrial robots and production systems simply and effectively. The robot controller monitors robot performance in terms of speed, accuracy, cycle time, integration of additional hardware, etc.
Robot Controller Market: Dynamics
Increasing sales of industrial robots for various applications
- Rising demand for industrial robots to reduce production cost by improving quality, reducing production time and waste, and ensuring reliability and security is accelerating the demand for robotic controllers to oversee robot motion control, accuracy, speed, cycle time, etc. Besides, the increasing usage of robots for various industrial applications such as machine tending, material handling, painting, pick and place, and welding is also driving the robot controller market. According to the International Federation of Robotics, in 2017, the supply of industrial robots was 381,000 units globally. This supply is expected to reach 630,000 units by 2021.
- Rising demand for compact or small sized robot controllers is a key trending factor for the growth of the market. Companies are focusing on reducing the size of the robotic controller in order to enhance their presence in the robot controller market.
Asia Pacific holds major share of the global robot controller market
- Based on region, the robot controller market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held dominant position in the global robot controller market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries that drive the robot controller market in the region. Rising demand from various industries such as automotive, chemical, and electrical drives the market in this region. In addition, the extensive production and sale of industrial robots in this region also drives the market. In 2018, China held the leading position in the industrial robot market.
OEM proprietary robotic controllers segment anticipated to account for largest share during the forecast period
Based on type, the robot controller market can be bifurcated into OEM proprietary robotic controllers and PLC-based robotic controllers. In 2018, the OEM proprietary robotic controllers segment held the dominant position and is anticipated to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Increasing adoption of process-driven robotic applications in industries and rapid advancement in technologies have impacted the segment in the robot controller market. In addition, OEM proprietary robot controllers are ideal for point-to-point repetitive process applications in industries, that gives it the dominant position in the market.
Based on industry, the robot controller market can be bifurcated into automotive, chemical, machinery, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, etc. In 2018, the automotive segment held the dominant position and is anticipated to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The automotive industry is one of the biggest users of industrial robots from the longest time, wherein automotive OEMs use industrial robots in their assembly line.
Key players operating in the global robot controller market
Key players in the global robot controller market are listed below:
- ABB Ltd
- Alfa Industrial Group
- Arburg GmbH + Co KG
- ENGEL AUSTRIA GmbH
- Epson America, Inc.
- FANUC UK Limited
- Hans Hundegger AG
- HARMO LLC
- iRobot Corporation
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- KUKA AG
- Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp
- Omron Adept Technology, Inc.
- Sepro Group
- Stäubli International AG.
- TecnoMatic s.r.l.
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- YRG Inc.
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Competitive Landscape
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Robot Controller Market: Research Scope
Global Robot Controller Market, by Type
- OEM proprietary robotic controllers
- PLC-based robotic controllers
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Type
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Robot Controller Market, by Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food and Beverage
Global Robot Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Region
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.