Robot Controller Market: Introduction
A robot controller is an electronic device that helps to operate industrial robots and production systems simply and effectively. The robot controller monitors robot performance in terms of speed, accuracy, cycle time, integration of additional hardware, etc.
Robot Controller Market: Dynamics
Increasing sales of industrial robots for various applications
- Rising demand for industrial robots to reduce production cost by improving quality, reducing production time and waste, and ensuring reliability and security is accelerating the demand for robotic controllers to oversee robot motion control, accuracy, speed, cycle time, etc. Besides, the increasing usage of robots for various industrial applications such as machine tending, material handling, painting, pick and place, and welding is also driving the robot controller market. According to the International Federation of Robotics, in 2017, the supply of industrial robots was 381,000 units globally. This supply is expected to reach 630,000 units by 2021.
- Rising demand for compact or small sized robot controllers is a key trending factor for the growth of the market. Companies are focusing on reducing the size of the robotic controller in order to enhance their presence in the robot controller market.
Asia Pacific holds major share of the global robot controller market
- Based on region, the robot controller market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held dominant position in the global robot controller market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries that drive the robot controller market in the region. Rising demand from various industries such as automotive, chemical, and electrical drives the market in this region. In addition, the extensive production and sale of industrial robots in this region also drives the market. In 2018, China held the leading position in the industrial robot market.
OEM proprietary robotic controllers segment anticipated to account for largest share during the forecast period
Based on type, the robot controller market can be bifurcated into OEM proprietary robotic controllers and PLC-based robotic controllers. In 2018, the OEM proprietary robotic controllers segment held the dominant position and is anticipated to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Increasing adoption of process-driven robotic applications in industries and rapid advancement in technologies have impacted the segment in the robot controller market. In addition, OEM proprietary robot controllers are ideal for point-to-point repetitive process applications in industries, that gives it the dominant position in the market.
Based on industry, the robot controller market can be bifurcated into automotive, chemical, machinery, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, etc. In 2018, the automotive segment held the dominant position and is anticipated to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The automotive industry is one of the biggest users of industrial robots from the longest time, wherein automotive OEMs use industrial robots in their assembly line.
Key players operating in the global robot controller market
Key players in the global robot controller market are listed below:
- ABB Ltd
- Alfa Industrial Group
- Arburg GmbH + Co KG
- ENGEL AUSTRIA GmbH
- Epson America, Inc.
- FANUC UK Limited
- Hans Hundegger AG
- HARMO LLC
- iRobot Corporation
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- KUKA AG
- Nachi-Fujikoshi Corp
- Omron Adept Technology, Inc.
- Sepro Group
- Stäubli International AG.
- TecnoMatic s.r.l.
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- YRG Inc.
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Competitive Landscape
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Robot Controller Market: Research Scope
Global Robot Controller Market, by Type
- OEM proprietary robotic controllers
- PLC-based robotic controllers
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Type
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Robot Controller Market, by Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Food and Beverage
Global Robot Controller Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Robot Controller Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.