Ring Main Unit
- Ring main unit is a sealed and compact metal-enclosed switch gear widely used in urban power distribution network. It consists of one unit and two switches that connect both sides of the load to the main conductors. It also comprises a fusible switch or circuit breaker that tees-off to feed a medium voltage to low voltage distribution transformer.
- The ring main unit is selected according to voltage ratings and is suitable for indoor and outdoor installations
- Ring main unit features SF6 gas insulation, integral protection system, fully extendable options, and modular & compact construction. It is low maintenance.
- Ring main unit is widely used at ring-type distribution network junction points and in underground cable distribution network at load connection
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Ring Main Unit Market
- Demand for ring main unit is increasing owing to rise in automation and industrialization across the globe. Demand for electricity is high owing to growth in population. This is driving the global ring main unit market.
- Increase in distribution networks and modernization of existing power infrastructure are anticipated to boost the demand for ring main units during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The spread of coronavirus has disrupted the entire value chain of the ring main unit market. The pandemic has hampered the supply of raw materials and labor in the market. Most of the manufacturers are striving to adopt new strategies to reform their business models.
- On March 28, 2019, Siemens launched SF6-free medium-voltage ring main unit that uses "Clean Air" as the insulating medium. Clean air is an insulating gas consisting of the natural constituents of ambient air. The new gas-insulated load-break ring main unit thus combines the sustainability of the "blue GIS" portfolio with the benefits of the proven 8DJH product family. The ring main unit would be used in public and industrial power grids on the secondary distribution level.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ring Main Unit Market
- Based on region, the global ring main unit market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global ring main unit market in 2019, owing to rise in urbanization and globalization. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to rise of investments in the industrial sector, especially in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- North America is estimated to hold large share of the global ring main unit market in the next few years. Increase in urbanization and electrification rate has boosted the demand for ring main units in the region.
- The market in Europe is likely to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. High investments in the renewable sector and transmission & distribution infrastructure are estimated to propel the ring main unit market in the region.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. The industrial sector in the region is developing at a rapid pace. This is projected to augment the demand for ring main units in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
Leading players operating in the global ring main unit market include:
- ENTEC Electric & Electronic
- Orecco Electric
- Lucy Electric
- China TransPowers Electric
- LS Electric
- Wenzhou Rockwell Transformer
- Schneider Electric
- Larsen & Toubro
- C&S Electric
- Hunan Electric Union
Global Ring Main Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Ring Main Unit Market, by Type
- Oil Insulated
- Gas Insulated
- Solid Dielectric
- Air Insulated
Global Ring Main Unit Market, by Installation
Global Ring Main Unit Market, by Application
- Distribution Utilities
- Infrastructure & Transportation
Global Ring Main Unit Market, by Voltage Rating
- Up to 15 kV
- 16–25 kV
- Above 25 kV
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.