Rice inventories’ are increasing as the rice supply is continuously improving globally. Rice is one of the major food staples and mainstay for the rural population and their food security. Moreover rice is used as a wage commodity for workers in cash crop or non agriculture sectors in some countries such as India among others.
The global rice market can be segmented according to product type such as long grain white rice (high quality), long grain white rice (low quality), long grain parboiled rice, long grain fragrant rice, broken and medium grain milled among others.
The market can be segmented geographically into North America, APAC, Europe and RoW regions.
The global rice market is expected to grow with a healthy single digit CAGR from 2013 to 2019.
The key driver of this market is the growing fast food industry and restaurants. Rice is one of the favorite cereals for most of the consumers. The growing population is second driver for increasing consumption of rice globally. The demand for fragrant rice is increasing gradually globally. Moreover long rice (high quality) is one of the premium class rice and it is not consumed on a regular basis.
The distribution channel includes hypermarkets/supermarket, departmental stores and stores among others. Asia Pacific is the major producer and exporter of rice globally. However China and India are of the major consumers and producers.
Some of the key players in rice industry are Riceland foods Inc., V.A.P Foods ltd and KRBL ltd among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory osf the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.