A rice cooker is a programmed kitchen appliance, designed to steam or boil rice. A rice cooker comprises three components: a cooking bowl, a thermostat, and a heat source.
Rice and water are filled in the cooking bowl of the rice cooker. The mixture of rice/water is heated while cooking at full power. As the temperature of water reaches 212°F (100 °C), the entire energy is utilized for vaporizing the water, the temperature of water doesn’t cross its boiling point. There is no extra water left at the end of cooking process, as the rice absorbes the water. When the heating process of the rice cooker continues, the thermostat trips, as the temperature rises above its boiling point. Some cookers provide a warning or indication or switch to low-power switch mode, which maintains the temperature of the rice at about 150 °F (65 °C). The rice cooks for a longer time if more water is added to it. The process is automated for electric rice cookers, by electronically or mechanically regulating timing and temperature of the rice cooker, which makes it easier for users to cook and to control the temperature and time according to their requirement.
A key driver of the global rice cookers market is that rice cookers cook rice evenly, keeping the grain separate, neither undercooking nor overcooking. Several cookers come with a measuring cup for the rice and marking on the bowls that mention the amount of water required to cook rice. The usage is simple and setting is programmable on some models, which allows users to cook all kinds of grains, from wild rice to white rice, brown rice, oatmeal, and polenta. Certain models have settings for steaming fish or vegetables, or cooking stews and soups. A keep-warm switch or indiactor keeps the rice warm for a period ranging from 10 minutes to 10 hours, depending on the model. Rice cookers are manufactured in various sizes, from 3-cup to 5- or 5 1/2-cup varieties. Howerever, there are some restraints of the rice cooker market such as all models do not cook brown rice evenly, as it takes longer to cook. In case of other cookers, the lower layer of rice forms a crust, and in some models, it doesn’t remain fluffy, instead it turns sticky. Cleaning a rice cooker is not easy, as it involves more than just washing the bowl. Moreover washing the steaming vent and inner lid is required to clean the bowl.
The global market is expanding at a very rapid pace due to the rise in technological innovation, competition, and M&A activities in the industry, which in turn is prompting several local and regional vendors to offer specific application products for varied end-users
Top players of the rice cookers market are also focusing on rice cookers product portfolio extensions and product inventions in order to increase their share in the rice cookers market. Top players operating in the global rice cookers market include Panasonic, Supor, Media, Matsushita, Philips, Gallop, Nine Yang, SKG, Triangle, Toshiba, Fuqua, Haier, TCL, Rongshida, Konka, Glanz Toshiba, Royalstar, Tiger, Mitsubishi, Tiger, Sanyo, LG, and Matsushita.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.