- Rhenium is one of the rarest metals available in the Earth's crust. It is a low volume metal, which does not have any substitute for various applications where it is used.
- Certain ores contain small traces of rhenium. Extraction of rhenium takes place in an exclusive manner as a by-product of the processing of these ores.
- It is important to recover rhenium through recycling of used materials that contain it. It is one of the precious metal, which requires high degree of expertise for its quality and purity.
- Rhenium is considered a green element in aerospace applications, as it is used in hot zones of jet engines to obtain higher operating temperatures
- Rhenium pellets and high quality rhenium powder are used as elementary alloying additions in the manufacture of turbine blades in jet engines
Key Drivers of Rhenium Market
- Rise in demand for commercial air travel, especially in emerging economies around the globe, with addition in civil helicopters and business aircraft along with spacecraft is expected to be one of the major drivers of the global rhenium market. Rhenium is used in various aerospace and defense applications throughout the value chain.
- The global health care industry has been expanding at a rapid pace of late. Growth in the elderly population across the globe, high prevalence of chronic diseases, and advancements in innovative digital technologies are some of the major factors driving the global health care industry. This, in turn, is boosting the global rhenium market. Unique properties of rhenium make it essential for usage in various medical applications such as Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRT) systems.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Developments and Policies
- In February 2019, Ravindra-Heraeus, one of the leading precious metal service providers in India, announced that it had set up the first pyrometallurgical smelter (Plasma Metal Recovery System) in India. The Indo-German joint venture is investing significantly to expand its precious metals recycling capacity to meet demand.
- In January 2020, a new patent was filed by Cannon-Muskegon, a producer of superalloys. It indicates that the rhenium content of single crystal superalloy for turbine blades can be ideally lowered to 1.4–1.6%, while maintaining high-temperature creep resistance and other properties. Total refractory elements (tungsten, molybdenum, tantalum, and rhenium) were balanced at 18%–19% by weight to achieve good creep-rupture mechanical stability and acceptable alloy phase stability.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Regional Analysis of Global Rhenium Market
- Based on region, the global rhenium market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global rhenium market during the forecast period. Increase in aircraft & jet engine production, mainly in emerging countries such as China and India in Asia Pacific, is driving the market in the region.
- North America is also an important region of the global rhenium market. Rapid production of rhenium and growth in the medical sector are key factors boosting the rhenium market in the region.
- Europe is likely to be a high potential region of the global rhenium market during the forecast period. Growth in various industrial sectors such as automotive, construction, medical electronics, and renewable industries is estimated to drive the rhenium market in the region.
Key Players in Market
Key players operating in the global rhenium market include:
- MOLYMET S.A.
- Heraeus Holding
- KAZ Minerals PLC
- LS-Nikko Copper Inc.
- Jiangxi Copper Corporation
- Rhenium Alloys Inc.
- American Elements
- H Cross Company
Global Rhenium Market: Research Scope
Global Rhenium Market, by Type
- Rhenium Metal
- Rhenium Alloy
- Rhenium Powder
- Rhenium Pellets
Global Rhenium Market, by End-use Industry
- Others (including Electronics)
Global Rhenium Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.