Packaging is a process or a technique to enfold the commodity or a product that is going out for sale, storage, or distribution. With the current expansion and growth in the e-commerce industry across the globe, there has been a growing demand for more efficient packaging. This growing popularity of online shopping and e-commerce sector has completely transformed the experience of shopping. With attractive offers and discounts on highly popular products, the number of people shopping on the e-commerce websites is only increasing day by day. Online shopping provides people with great range of products and also save a lot of time. Naturally, this has been the biggest growth factor for the development of the global retail e-commerce packaging market.
Some of the key details of the global retail e-commerce packaging market are given below:
- When users purchase something from the online market or e-commerce sites, packaging conveys several messages. It informs the end-user that the item or the product has been transported safely. Also, an attractive retail e-commerce packaging also offers a great insight on the brand value of the company. Such small details are becoming an extremely important aspect of the global market. As the number of people who prefer to shop online is increasing day by day, the retail e-commerce packaging turns out to be an important link between the end user and the e-commerce merchant. Most of the e-commerce merchants are trying to provide a highly positive packaging experience to their end-users to boost their brand loyalty. It is also a great way to generate more revenue.
- Another important factor that is helping both the global retail e-commerce packaging market growth and development of the e-commerce merchants is the sustainability of the packaging. With growing environmental concerns, there has been a great demand for sustainable packaging. As people are more aware about such matters, they too are increasingly preferring sustainable and recyclable retail e-commerce packaging. Naturally, it is working in favor of developing a strong brand loyalty for the key market players and growing the market to newer heights.
Global Retail E-commerce Packaging Market: Overview
The global retail e-commerce packaging market have gathered pace in its growth due to the rapid expansion in the retailer sectors. E-commerce business has completely changed the shopping experience owing to the most preferred product accessibility and its striking offers. Buying products online benefits in saving time and money. As the number of the online buyers are increasing day by day, they also demand in good, appropriate, and sturdy shipment of their products. The retail e-commerce packaging solution promises to deliver sold good safely to the buyers place. Retail e-commerce packaging includes protective packaging, boxes, tapes, and labels. This packaging ensures in protecting the packaged contents from damage during shipments or sudden environmental changes.
An upcoming report on global retail e-commerce packaging market by Transparency Market Research could be a crucial milestone for the stakeholders in the market. This is because of the exhaustive information, contained in it would enable them to take informed decisions. The report would highlight the opportunities and pitfalls in the market. The report would be a complete guideline for growth drivers, restrains, segmentation, and geographical outreach of the market. This report would also provide a peek on the competitive landscape which would enable the players to cement a strong position in the global retail e-commerce packaging market.
Global Retail E-commerce Packaging Market: Key Trends
Increasing online shopping by several customers, rapid expansion in the electronic division, and growing demand for packaged food are believed to be driving the global retail e-commerce packaging market. The easiness of online shopping such as quick delivery, free shipping, simple return policies are the major factors for choosing e-commerce over the conventional method of shopping. Growing demand for novel products, huge availability of various products, and the enormous growth in the overall e-commerce market are expected to push the global retail e-commerce packaging market.
The retail e-commerce packaging offers various designs to cater individual demands. Rising population, growing demand for good quality packaging, increasing food and beverages consumption, and rising consumer income are projected to boost the global retail e-commerce packaging market. A trend in increasing customer interest towards seamless and convenient shopping solutions are believed to be fuelling the global retail e-commerce packaging market. Apart from these, the robust demand for e-commerce sales is projected to thrust the global retail e-commerce packaging market.
Global Retail E-commerce Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Region wise, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global retail e-commerce packaging market as the region has seen robust internet penetration rates along with various retailer sectors. The presence of many e-commerce giants, rapid urbanization, and increasing population could be responsible to be driving the global retail e-commerce packaging market in the region. The prominent countries in the global retail e-commerce packaging market are China and India.
Global Retail E-commerce Packaging Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players operating in the global retail e-commerce packaging market are DS Smith, Mondi, 3M Co, WestRock Company, and Pregis Corporation. The players could be competing on the basis of product, types, varieties, and designs to strengthen their footholds in the global retail e-commerce packaging market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.