Resorbable Polymers: Introduction
- Resorbable polymers are polymers that completely biodegrade inside the human body without presenting a threat. Resorbable polymers are groundbreaking technological materials that can be broken down by the body and do not require mechanical removal. This allows physicians to reduce the post-surgery risk to the patient and also eliminates the need for a second surgery to remove temporary implants.
- Resorbable materials are used in a wide range of medical indications, such as sutures, coronary & peripheral vascular scaffolds, tissue fixation screws, bone pins & anchors, drug delivery coatings, microspheres, and surgical meshes & matrices. These materials include polymers, metals, ceramics, and glasses of biological origin such as natural collagen, which may allow for drug elution and delivery as well as performance of a mechanical function. Key raw materials used in the production of resorbable polymers include polysaccharides, glycolide, caprolactone, proteins, and lactide.
- Incorporation of 3D printing is expected to be a major factor that is expected to drive the global resorbable polymer market in the next few years. The minute differentiations required in resorbable polymers according to the constitution of various patients and the different circumstances in each case can be incorporated much more easily and reliably with 3D printing.
- The global resorbable polymers market has expanded rapidly over the last few years due to the growth in awareness among patients about resorbable polymers, widespread efforts by governments to upgrade their health care sector, and high disposable income of consumers in developed economies
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Resorbable Polymers Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Resorbable Polymers Market
- Increase in patient comfort brought about by resorbable polymers is the major driver of the global resorbable polymers market. Conventional materials left in the body post-surgery require another minor surgery to remove these materials. This can lead to health risks to the patient. Resorbable polymers eliminate this factor due to their property of disintegrating into the body over a period of time.
- Rise in demand for resorbable polymers for drug delivery is another key factor driving the global resorbable polymers market. The chemically neutral nature of resorbable polymers and their harmless decomposition in the body make them ideal for drug delivery. Increase in demand for resorbable polymers in the drug delivery segment is expected to be a vital factor that is estimated to boost the during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, resorbable polymers cost more than conventional medical polymers due to their technological sophistication. This is a major restraint of the resorbable polymers market in developing regions, since the overall quality of the health care sector is relatively poor in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Resorbable Polymers: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global resorbable polymers market can be segmented into orthopedics, drug delivery, and others
- Increase in prevalence of orthopedic disorders makes orthopedics the major application segment of the global resorbable polymers market. Orthopedics is expected to remain a major application segment of the global market in the near future despite the increasing demand for resorbable polymers in drug delivery applications.
Covid-19 Impact on Resorbable Polymers Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is impacting the global economy in three major ways: directly hampering production and demand, creating supply chain and market disruption, and adverse financial impact on firms and financial markets
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on globally integrated industries such as the construction and automotive. It has hampered their supply chains significantly. The COVID-19 pandemic is projected to adversely impact manufacturing, distribution, and supply of resorbable polymers in the near future.
North America to Dominate Resorbable Polymers Market
- In terms of region, the global resorbable polymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to be the key region of the global resorbable polymers market during the forecast period due to the high level of technological advancement in the health care sector in the U.S. and Canada. Similarly, advanced health care scenario in Europe, particularly Western Europe, is driving the market in the region. However, Asia Pacific is expected to become a major region of the global resorbable polymers market during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Resorbable Polymers Market
The global resorbable polymers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating for resorbable polymers in the global market include:
- Poly-Med, Inc.
- KLS Martin Group
- Foster Corporation.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Corbion N.V.
Global Resorbable Polymers Market: Research Scope
Global Resorbable Polymers Market, by Type
- Polylactic Acid
- Polyglycolic Acid
Global Resorbable Polymers Market, by Application
- Drug Delivery
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.