Resistive RAM: Introduction
- Restitive RAM, also known as ReRAM (resistive random access memory), is a form of nonvolatile storage that operates by changing the resistance of solid dielectric material. A ReRAM device contains a component called mermister, whose resistance varies when different voltages are imposed across it.
- ReRAM and other memristor technologies also draw much less power than NAND flash. That makes them currently best suited for memory in sensor devices for industrial, automotive and internet of things (IoT) applications.
- The higher memory density, faster read and write speeds, and lower power draw are reasons that memristor-based memory technologies are often cited as the logical replacement in applications such as solid-state drives (SSDs) and nonvolatile dual in-line memory modules
Rise in demand as rise in manufacturing of smart, portable, and wearable electronic devices
- New memory technologies have witnessed several developments; however, they have not expanded fully owing to the dominance of flash RAMs. Major emerging memory technologies include ReRAM, phase-change memory, and magnet RAM; among these, ReRAM is highly effective.
- Several companies are developing innovative ReRAM technology solutions focused on the future memory market. ReRAM’s main advantage is scalability and the flash RAM’s have reached the scalability limit. Another advantage with ReRAM is the low voltage about 2 to 3V without using charge pumps, which provides low energy and high speed. Increase in demand for smartphone and wearable devices is also fueling the memory market.
Asia-Pacific to Hold Prominent Global Market Share?
- Asia Pacific holds a notable share of the global ReRAM market share, owing to a rise in the demand for non-volatile memory enabled electronic devices such as smartphones and high-resolution TVs. Rise in number of consumer electronics and expansion of the automotive industry in the region is driving the ReRAM market in Asia Pacific. Countries such as India, Japan, and China are establishing data centers, AI and IoT connected infrastructure, which is expected to fuel the ReRAM market in the region.
- North America follows Asia Pacific in terms of share of the global ReRAM market. Increase in demand for enterprise storage applications is further boost the ReRAM market in the region.
- The market in the Middle East & Africa is also likely to account for a notable market share in the near future
Key Players Operating in the Smart Mirror Market
- For future applications, though, ReRAM and other next-generation memories are being targeted for the so-called storage-class memory market. ReRAMs are positioned as a low-cost solution for IoT and other applications. Next-generation memory types are rapid, nonvolatile, and provide unlimited endurance. They also provide bit-alterable, erase-free functions, making them ideal replacements for DRAM and flash. The market is expanding at a steady pace. Furthermore, a rise in the rate of adoption of strategies by key players is anticipated to fuel the market during the forecast period.
Key players include:
- Crossbar Inc. (US)
- Fujitsu Limited (Japan).
- Weebit Nano
- Panasonic Corporation.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation.
- Adesto Technologies Corporation
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- 4DS Memory Limited
- Reliance Memory
- Sony Corporation
- Rambus Incorporated
Global: Resistive RAM Research Scope
Global Resistive RAM Market, by Type
- Conductive Bridging
- Oxide Based ReRAM
Global ReRAM Market, by Applications Area
- Neuromorphic Computing
- Security Application
- Data storage and logical applications.
Global ReRAM Market, by Industrial Applications
- Consumer Electronics
- IT and Telecom
Global ReRAM Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Central And South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.