Resistance Welding Equipment Market: Overview
- Resistance welding, one of the oldest type of electric welding process, is a thermo-electric process in which the metal is combined in liquid or molten state
- In the resistance welding process, the weld is formed by a combination of heat, pressure, and time. Resistant welding processes include projection welding, resistance spot welding, and flash welding.
- Resistance welding equipment comprises different welding forces varying from fractional pounds to more than 10,000 pounds. The welding process does not require flux such as solder during the process and hence the welded products can be easily recycled.
- Also, ultraviolet rays and spatter are generated to a limited extent which reduces the risk and keeps the working environment neat and clean
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Resistance Welding Equipment Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Resistance Welding Equipment
- The design of the joint, quality requirements, material, economic consideration, and production schedule plays a vital role in selection of resistance welding equipment.
- Resistance welding equipment mainly comprises a primary electrical circuit with a current regulator and welding transformer. The secondary circuit consists of electrodes which conducts welding current to the work piece.
- The equipment also consists of a mechanical system with an associated mechanism and machine frame to mount the work piece and to provide required amount welding force
- Resistance welding equipment also consists of control equipment or timing devices to initiate the amount and time duration of current flow. The control equipment may also control the magnitude and sequence of the current, and the time for the specific welding cycle.
Key Driver of the Resistance Welding Equipment Market
- Extensive adoption rate of resistance welding in the steel and automotive industry in various manufacturing processes is likely to drive the resistance welding equipment market. Resistance welding entails easy operations and does not require skilled workforce unlike arc or gas welding, which is an additional bonus. Also, the increasing demand for electric automobiles due to government regulations is anticipated to drive the resistance welding equipment market.
Key Restraint of the Resistance Welding Equipment Market
- Resistance welding is expensive compared to arc welding, which is likely to hamper the growth of the resistance welding equipment market. Resistance welding equipment have low tensile & fatigue strength, and also have defined movement on assembly lines, which restrict their operational capabilities.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share in the Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market
- Geographically, the resistance welding equipment market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to hold a significant share of the global resistance welding equipment market during the forecast period, due to industrial growth in emerging economics such as China and India. Also, the region has a large number of automotive industries which are major users of resistance welding equipment.
- The electronic industry in the region is also growing at a substantial pace, especially in Japan and China
- Europe is likely to be a highly attractive region of the resistance welding equipment market owing to large number of automobile manufacturers. The increasing demand for electric vehicles due to government laws and regulations is likely to drive the market in the region.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a healthy pace, owing to adoption of advanced welding technologies
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Resistance Welding Equipment Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in the Resistance Welding Equipment Market
Top companies in the resistance welding equipment market include:
- Langley Holdings plc
- NIMAK GmbH
- T. J. Snow, Co.
- Taylor-Winfield Technologies, Inc.
- CenterLine Holdings Inc.
- DAIHEN Corporation
- Welding Process Industrial Co., Ltd
- TECNA S.p.A.
- Heron Intelligent Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Juntengfa Automatic Welding Equipment Co., Ltd.
- PW Resistance Welding Products Ltd
Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market, by Resistance Welding Contactors
- Mechanical Contactors
- Electro-Mechanical Contactors
- Electronic Contactors
- Ignitron Tube Contactors
- Silicon Controlled Rectifier (SCR) Contactors
Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market, by Control Sequence
- Spot Sequence
- Multiple Impulse (Pulsation) Sequence
Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market, by End-use
- Automotive Industry
- Electronic Industry
- Steel Industry
- Aerospace Industry
Global Resistance Welding Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market