Resin-bonded Carbon Market: Overview
- Resin-bonded carbon is a material composed primarily of resin with carbon-graphite fillers that are injection molded. This allows the formation of complex geometries. Resin-bonded carbon is a combination of carbon and resin-bonded material. It is easily bulk-produced in any desired shape through the die-molding process. Resin-bonded carbon offers lower wear and chemical resistance than resin-impregnated carbon.
- Resin-bonded material is hot pressed and does not involve the coking process. This makes it ideal for low durability applications with low wear and temperature requirements.
- Resin-bonded carbon is produced by using carbon and graphite powders, bonded by the binder-jetting technique using chemically stable thermosetting plastic resins. Resin-bonded carbon is ideal for usage if porosity and dimensional stability at high temperatures (e.g. in casting processes) are important.
- Low heat capacity is another beneficial property of resin-bonded carbon. This reduces the required heating and cooling cycle times compared to sand cores.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Resin-bonded Carbon Market: Applications
- Resin-bonded carbon is employed in a wide range of industrial applications such as bearings, seals, rotors, and vanes. Resin-bonded carbon is the core component used in mechanical seals owing to its advantageous properties of low thermal expansion and high thermal conductivity. Resin-bonded carbon can be used in car coolant pumps or in washing machines. It can also be used in the main shaft seal of aircraft gas turbine or stern shaft of a nuclear submarine. It can be pressed into any desired shape depending on the different requirements in different applications.
- Resin-bonded carbon is also used in the production of bearings. Carbon-based bearings are used in applications such as submersible pumps, aircraft engine fuel pumps, canned motor pumps, chain grate stokers, veneer drying ovens, and conveyors.
- Resin-bonded carbon based gland rings are extensively used as shaft seals in fans, and water and steam turbines. Rubbing contact between shaft fins and carbon rings causes no damage.
- Carbon vanes are used in a range of carbon materials such as carbon-graphite, metal impregnated carbon-graphite, and resin-bonded carbons to. Carbon is suitable for vanes used in rotary pumps and compressors for handling non-lubricating liquids and gases and where an oil-freed delivery is required. Demand for resin-bonded carbon is high owing to its high impact strength and low friction. It is capable of operating under extreme conditions with the minimum of wear.
- Carbon seal faces are used in handling a wide range of materials including petrochemicals, acids, alkalis, solvents, foodstuffs, water and refrigerants. All the applications of resin-bonded carbon mentioned above and its benefits provide competitive advantages to resin-bonded carbon over its alternatives.
Key Drivers of Resin-Bonded Carbon Market
- China, Japan, and the U.S. contribute 48% of the global manufacturing output. India and Vietnam are emerging as next manufacturing hubs. These countries are gaining market share in the manufacturing sector.
- The manufacturing industry of India contributes 17% to the nation’s GDP. The Finance Minister of India announced a plan in 2019 to reduce the tax rate to 16% for new manufacturing plants that start production before 2023 in order to boost the industry. India’s tax rate is one of the lowest tax rates for manufacturing units across the globe. Since the announcement, foreign direct investments have been increasing for establishment of new plants. This is creating demand for more machines, tools, parts, food processing equipment, and other industrial machinery. Significant increase in demand for new machinery is estimated to boost the resin-bonded carbon market in India in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Drivers of Resin-Bonded Carbon Market
- Major manufacturing companies across the globe have halted their production temporarily due to on-going lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This has created an imbalance in demand and supply of resin-bonded carbon. The temporary lockdown is estimated to negatively impact the resin-bonded carbon market for almost one year.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Resin-bonded Carbon Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global resin-bonded carbon market include:
- SGL Group The Carbon Company
- Toyo Tanso Co.,Ltd
- Schunk Kohlenstofftechnik GmbH
- Sinosteel Corporation
- Fangda Carbon New Material Co.,Ltd
Global Resin-bonded Carbon Market: Research Scope
Global Resin-bonded Carbon Market, by Application
- Seal Rings
- Rotors & Vanes
- Others (including Gland Rings)
Global Resin-bonded Carbon Market, by Bulk Density
- 1.43 Mg/m3
- 1.63 Mg/m3
- 1.70 Mg/m3
- 1.77 Mg/m3
Global Resin-bonded Carbon Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.