Resin Coated Sand Market: Highlights
- Resin coated sand (RCS) is a pre-coated sand used in shell casting and casting of products requiring high precision and better surface finish. Basic raw materials used in the manufacturing of resin coated sand are silica or quartz sand, resin (i.e. phenol formaldehyde), and hexamine hardener. The sand is used to provide smooth surfaces and precise dimensions to the components manufactured.
- It is specially formulated to reduce emissions, smoke, and odor during production of cores and molds in ferrous and non-ferrous metal casting. Superior blending capabilities and quality control procedures allow to deliver sand within a very tight and consistent range on each required sieve screen.
- Resin coated sand is primarily used in casting molds and cores using shell casting process. They find their major applicability in the casting of auto components such as engines, cylinders, brakes, chassis, pistons, cam followers, camshafts, hydraulic irrigation pumps, and submersible pumps.
Key Drivers of Resin Coated Sand Market
- Exceptional properties provided by the resin coated sand is a major factor driving the resin coated sand market during the forecast period. Resin coated sand provides high hot strength and high transverse strength. Moreover, it is exceptionally smooth and gives excellent surface finish to the casting with no sand fusion. Owing to this, the demand for resin coated sand is up-surging among the industrialists, thus propelling the resin coated sand market during the forecast period.
- Increased usage of resin coated sand by the end-use industries is also fueling the growth of the resin coated sand market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Resin Coated Sand Market: Application Segment
- On the basis of application, the global resin coated sand market can be segmented into automobile, pump & motor casting, engine block, and others
- The automobile segment is projected to account for a major share for the global resin coated sand market by 2027. Growth of the automobile segment is estimated to remain healthy over the forecast period. Moreover, it is expected to account for a significant market share by 2027.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the pump & motor casting segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other industrial applications is expected to remain moderate to high, across different regions.
- The engine block segment is expected to account for a minimum share in the global resin coated sand market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be Key Market for Resin Coated Sand
- In terms of region, the global resin coated sand market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness a significant growth, followed by Europe. Emergence of new players in the resin coated sand market has been tremendous over the past two years, particularly in countries in Asia such as China and India. Due to this, the market for resin coated sand is expected to show a sustainable growth rate over the next few years.
- Applications of resin coated sand have been witnessing considerable demand in countries in Asia such as China and India. This demand is fueled by rising capital investments in the automobile industry. Besides, massive investment in the pumping sector is also expected to drive the demand for resin coated sand by 2027.
- Markets in North America and Middle East & Africa are expected to show a stagnant growth rate during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global resin coated sand market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- HA International
- Tochu Corporation
- Raysons Group
- SIDDHARTH INDUSTRIES
- Asahi Modi Materials Private Limited
- SMR Chemicals
- Maruti Enterprise
Global Resin Coated Sand Market: Research Scope
Global Resin Coated Sand Market, by Application
- Pump & Motor Casting
- Engine Block
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.