Research Department Explosive (RDX): Introduction
- Explosive is any substance or device that produces a volume of rapidly expanding gas in an extremely brief period. Research department explosive (RDX) is a nitramine explosive compound that can be utilized as a propellant, gunpowder, or high explosive depending on the initiation type.
- RDX is also known as hexogen, or cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine, or cyclonite
- RDX as a military explosive can either be used with explosives, such as TNT, to develop cyclotols that produce bursting charge for mines, torpedoes, and aerial bombs, or it could be employed as a base charge for detonators
- Demand for RDX is expected to be significantly high in non-military applications such as mining, oil & gas exploration, demolition, and avalanche control
Key Drivers of Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market
- Demand for RDX is directly correlated to mining activity. RDX belongs to the ‘high explosives’ category, which is required by the mining industry for rock excavation and exploration undertakings
- Historically, the coal mining segment constitutes the highest demand for research department explosive. However, coal mining output has been declining for the last few years due to increasing efforts by nations to curb carbon dioxide emissions. Demand for RDX is expected to be considerably high in the metal mining segment in the near future. Surge in ore extraction activities across the globe is likely to propel the research department explosive (RDX) market during forecast period.
- Demand for RDX is expected to be significantly high in various military applications such as cast PBX charges for insensitive munitions, melt-cast and pressed explosive ammunition, and energetic charges for LOVA composite propellants. Key uses of RDX in the military pyrotechnics segment include cutting cords, detonators, cap-relay explosives, and boosters.
Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market: Key End-uses
- Based on end-use industry, the global research department explosive (RDX) market can be segregated into military and civilian. The military segment is further split into warheads, artillery, tank and mortar shells, booster material, detonators, military pyrotechnics and others. The civilian segment can be further sub-segmented into fireworks & pyrotechnics, mining, construction and others, such as seismic wave generation and oil fields.
- Of late, a prevalent area of military demand for RDX has been its usage as an ingredient in plastic bonded explosives, which have been used as explosive fill in nearly all types of munition compounds. Adoption of RDX with various explosives, waxes, and oils for developing military munitions is expected to increase at a moderate pace in the near future.
- In case of the civilian applications, RDX has been widely used for demolition of blocks, as an occasional rodenticide, as a heating fuel, and in fireworks
North America to be Key Region of Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market
- In terms of region, the global research department explosive (RDX) market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Principal consumers of RDX have been the U.S., China, Russia, and a few countries in Latin America. However, North America is projected to account for a major share of the market, in terms of volume, by 2027, particularly due to the increasing demand from military, construction, and mining sectors in the region. Technological developments in the defense and military sectors in North America are estimated to drive the demand for RDX.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global research department explosive (RDX) market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Chemring Group PLC
- BAE Systems
- Austin Powder
- Dyno Nobel
- MAXAM Corp
- Prva Iskra- Namenska A.D.
- Nitro Chem S.A.
- Enaex S.A.
- Nelson Brothers
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market: Research Scope
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market, by End-use
- Artillery, tank and mortar shells
- Booster material
- Military Pyrotechnics
- Fireworks & Pyrotechnics
- Others (Seismic Wave Generation and Oil Fields)
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.