Research Department Explosive (RDX): Introduction
- Explosive is any substance or device that produces a volume of rapidly expanding gas in an extremely brief period. Research department explosive (RDX) is a nitramine explosive compound that can be utilized as a propellant, gunpowder, or high explosive depending on the initiation type.
- RDX is also known as hexogen, or cyclotrimethylenetrinitramine, or cyclonite
- RDX as a military explosive can either be used with explosives, such as TNT, to develop cyclotols that produce bursting charge for mines, torpedoes, and aerial bombs, or it could be employed as a base charge for detonators
- Demand for RDX is expected to be significantly high in non-military applications such as mining, oil & gas exploration, demolition, and avalanche control
Key Drivers of Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market
- Demand for RDX is directly correlated to mining activity. RDX belongs to the ‘high explosives’ category, which is required by the mining industry for rock excavation and exploration undertakings
- Historically, the coal mining segment constitutes the highest demand for research department explosive. However, coal mining output has been declining for the last few years due to increasing efforts by nations to curb carbon dioxide emissions. Demand for RDX is expected to be considerably high in the metal mining segment in the near future. Surge in ore extraction activities across the globe is likely to propel the research department explosive (RDX) market during forecast period.
- Demand for RDX is expected to be significantly high in various military applications such as cast PBX charges for insensitive munitions, melt-cast and pressed explosive ammunition, and energetic charges for LOVA composite propellants. Key uses of RDX in the military pyrotechnics segment include cutting cords, detonators, cap-relay explosives, and boosters.
Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market: Key End-uses
- Based on end-use industry, the global research department explosive (RDX) market can be segregated into military and civilian. The military segment is further split into warheads, artillery, tank and mortar shells, booster material, detonators, military pyrotechnics and others. The civilian segment can be further sub-segmented into fireworks & pyrotechnics, mining, construction and others, such as seismic wave generation and oil fields.
- Of late, a prevalent area of military demand for RDX has been its usage as an ingredient in plastic bonded explosives, which have been used as explosive fill in nearly all types of munition compounds. Adoption of RDX with various explosives, waxes, and oils for developing military munitions is expected to increase at a moderate pace in the near future.
- In case of the civilian applications, RDX has been widely used for demolition of blocks, as an occasional rodenticide, as a heating fuel, and in fireworks
North America to be Key Region of Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market
- In terms of region, the global research department explosive (RDX) market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Principal consumers of RDX have been the U.S., China, Russia, and a few countries in Latin America. However, North America is projected to account for a major share of the market, in terms of volume, by 2027, particularly due to the increasing demand from military, construction, and mining sectors in the region. Technological developments in the defense and military sectors in North America are estimated to drive the demand for RDX.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global research department explosive (RDX) market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Chemring Group PLC
- BAE Systems
- Austin Powder
- Dyno Nobel
- MAXAM Corp
- Prva Iskra- Namenska A.D.
- Nitro Chem S.A.
- Enaex S.A.
- Nelson Brothers
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market: Research Scope
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market, by End-use
- Artillery, tank and mortar shells
- Booster material
- Military Pyrotechnics
- Fireworks & Pyrotechnics
- Others (Seismic Wave Generation and Oil Fields)
Global Research Department Explosive (RDX) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.