Remote Towers: Introduction
- Remote tower is a new concept to manage air traffic at airports. It offers a digitalized and integrated format for air traffic control and is used for tracking, managing, and monitoring a number of airports from a single remote tower.
- Remote towers provide operational efficiency, are safe, cost efficient, provide efficient airspace management, flight data handling, information & control, and visualization of air traffic. These factors are propelling the growth of the remote tower market.
- Furthermore, digitalization of air traffic control and development of air traffic management infrastructure are factors expected to lead to growth of the global remote towers market in the coming years.
Rise in Demand for Contingency Operation Type
- Contingency operation type is the fastest growing segment of the remote towers market due to rising air traffic at Tier one airports, owing to rising air traffic, and rising adoption of technology such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to improve the process in airports.
- Contingency operation type is a systematic method of controlling air traffic for military and civil purposes. The cost effective contingency remote tower method is a major factor for the expansion of this segment.
- Rising number of international and domestic airports, digitalization of air traffic control, up-grade of air traffic management infrastructure, and rising number of air terminals are factors expected to augment the growth of the global remote towers market in the near future
- Some of the restraints of the remote towers market are increasing concerns regarding cyber security in air traffic management and limited networks in the fracture. However, a growing air traffic management industry in emerging and developing countries is creating opportunities for key market players.
Europe to Lead the Remote Towers Market
- In terms of region, the global remote towers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global remote towers market during the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of remote towers such as Frequentis Group (Austria), Saab AB (Sweden), Thales Group (France), Indra Sistemas (Spain), and Avinor (Norway) operate in the region.
- The SESAR initiative which is focusing on advancing air traffic management to lessen cost and reduce carbon impressions is a factor propelling the growth of the remote towers market.
- Upcoming remote tower projects in countries such as Sweden, U.K, Germany, and Norway have led to the huge share of the European region in recent years.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for second largest revenue during the forecast period due to increasing construction of international and domestic airports, rising number of air traffic passengers, and a growing commercial aviation industry. Southeast Asia in particular is attracting international visitors, which is anticipated to drive the demand for commercial planes and lead to a positive impact on the growth of the remote towers market.
- The remote towers market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Remote Towers Market
Major players operating in the global remote towers market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for remote towers. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global remote towers market are listed below:
- Frequentis Group
- Harris Corporation
- Indra Navia AS
- Leonardo S.P.A
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- Saab AB
- Searidge Technologies
- Thales Group
- Indra Sistemas
Global Remote Towers Market: Research Scope
Global Remote Towers Market, by Operation Type
- Multiple (simultaneous, sequential)
Global Remote Towers Market, by System Type
- Airport Equipment
- Remote Tower Modules
- Network Solutions
Global Remote Towers Market, by Application
- Information & Control
- Flight Data Handling
Global Remote Towers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!