Release Liner Market
Release Liner Market (Substrate: Film, Glassine, Polyolefin Paper, Clay Coated Paper, and Art Paper; Application: Envelopes & Packaging, Graphic Arts, Hygiene, Industrial, Medical, Pressure Sensitive Label Stock, and Tapes; and Labeling Technology: Adhesive Applied, In Mold, Pressure Sensitive Labeling, and Sleeving) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2020 - 2024
Press Release :
Growth in Film-based Release Liners to Augment Demand for Release Liners
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the release liner market for the historical period 2014-2019 and forecast period 2020-2024. Increasing demand for convenient and durable labels ensuring proper adhesion is the primary driver for the release liner market.
- Globally, the revenue generated by the release liner market has been estimated to be ~US$ 12.4 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% in terms of value during the forecast period of 2020-2024
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Release Liner Market
Release Liner Market to Observe High Adoption of Film-based Labels
- The growing adoption of labels for beverage packaging, particularly in wine packaging is anticipated to drive the demand for global release liner market across the globe
- In addition, the demand for film-based liners, including polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polypropylene (PP), and polyethylene (PE) is significantly high as compared to glassine, polyolefin-coated, and calendared Kraft release paper for these applications. This can be attributed to high demand for clear labels or no-label look labels, due to their high aesthetic appeal and thinner caliper material.
- However, the availability of competitive solutions such as liner-less labels might restrict the growth of the global release liner market to an extent
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies Focusing on Manufacturing Low Silicone Transfer Release Liners
- Leading manufacturers operating in the global release liner market such as Loparex and UPM Raflatac are developing release liners, which require low silicone transfer during manufacturing processes. These liners allow for a low coating weight of silicon. Lower coat weights helps companies to reduce cost and make drying easier to accomplish.
- Another advantage of low silicon transfer liners is that they achieve a stable release of the labels, allowing them to come off predictably and uniformly time after time
Liner-less Labels & UV Curable Silicone Materials Gaining Traction
- The label industry from the last few years have seen a growing interest in several areas such as thinner film materials, liner-less labels, in-line narrow web production equipment and recyclability
- Liner-less labels for its composition advancement along with the use of BOPP have gained wide acceptance from beverages industry for its characteristics such as facestock, adhesive, and lightweight. This trend has been noticed in Europe, South America and most recently in the U.S. Furthermore, radiation-curable silicones are preferred for its nature to provide perfect synergy for siliconizing 30 micorn BOPP and other heat-sensitive film polymeric material.
Release Liner Market: Key Findings
- Among different substrate materials, the film segment is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period followed by glassine segment. Rising demand for release liner from pharmaceutical, food & beverages, health, and personal care sector is expected to fuel the growth of the segment over the forecast period.
- Revenue contribution of pressure-sensitive along with sleeving labeling technology to the global release liners market is estimated to account for more than 55% share by 2020
- Pressure-sensitive label stock segment is expected to generate significant revenue throughout the forecast period, and account for nearly 54% of the global market in 2020
- The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the most lucrative market for release liners in terms of incremental opportunity and CAGR, and the sales revenue in this region is expected to increase at a CAGR 7.4% over the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Release Liner Market
Implementation of Stringent Environmental Regulations against Use of Plastic Films
- Most release liners comprise HDPE and PVC materials that are hazardous to the environment. Stringent EU regulations and FDA regulations, restricting use of harmful chemical substances such as PVC have led to increasing demand for environmentally sustainable products. This might pose a challenge to the global release liner market to a large extent.
- However, several release liner manufacturers are focusing on developing bio-based labeling materials, which are relatively less hazardous for the environment. These release liners are difficult to manufacture and require high capital investment. This high capital investment for the development of these products poses a major challenge for small-scale players operating in the regional market.
Release Liner Market: Competition Landscape
- Mondi Plc
- Avery Denison Corporation
- 3M Company
- Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc.
- International Paper Company
- Infinity Tapes
- Twin Rivers Paper Company
- Gascogne Laminates SA
- UPM Raflatac
- Rayven Inc.
- Felix Schoeller Group
- Verso Corporation
- Itasa, S.A
- Loparex Holding B.V.
have been identified as the key players operating in the global release liner market
- These manufacturers are sighting an increasing demand for release liners in various developing economies. This is expected to create multiple growth opportunities in almost all segments. Thus, these companies are innovating in terms of product design and incorporating digital prints on conventional labels.
- Key manufacturers such as Loparex Holding BV and UPM Raflatac are developing their product lines with new and innovative technologies in order to gain competitive advantage. Introduction of low silicon transfer release liners by Loparex can be seen as an example of the same.
Release Liners Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global release liners market, providing forecast for the period 2020-2024. In the release liners market study, lucrative opportunities are seen for release liners. The report enumerates valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report sheds light on significant factors that are constantly shaping the growth of the release liners market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the release liners market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the release liners market size in 2024?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for the release liners market growth?
- Which end-use industry is most preferred for release liners? What was its market size in 2019?
- Who are major customers for release liners?
- What is the market share comparison between different sources in the release liners market?
- What will be the growth rate of the release liners market during 2020-2024?
Key indicators associated with the release liners market have been evaluated thoroughly in the report. The study highlights vital market dynamics such as drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global release liners market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain of the global market has also been encompassed in the report.
Other key aspects laid down in the release liners market include pricing strategy of leading market players. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenario of the release liners market have been encompassed in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the release liners market have been provided on the basis of substrates, application, labelling technology, and region. The report also renders imperative numbers such as historical and forecast size of various segments of the release liners market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been delivered in the report. The release liners market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report provides an exhaustive evaluation on the structure of the release liners market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading companies profiled in the report. A company share analysis on market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix on profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for release liners.
Key companies profiled in the release liners market report include Mondi Plc, Avery Denison Corporation, 3M Company, Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc., International Paper Company, Infinity Tapes, Twin Rivers Paper Company, Gascogne Laminates SA, UPM Raflatac, Rayven Inc., Felix Schoeller Group, Verso Corporation, Itasa, S.A., and Loparex Holding B.V.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for incisive insights provided in the release liners market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects of the release liners market, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research have been employed to garner incisive insights into the forecast study of the release liners market. The report has further gone through a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the release liners market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Release Liners Market – Segmentation
The global release liners market has been divided on the basis of substrate, application, labeling technology, and region. Each of these segments have been analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the industry.