Global Release Liner Paper Market: Overview
The release liner is a paper or film base which is used to prevent an adhesive from sticking. Release liner paper is a product that carries a sticky substrate on it until its application. Release liner paper can be coated on one side as well as both sides, which generally uses silicone coating. Release liner paper includes three layers which include a release agent, a barrier layer, and a base material. A barrier layer in release liner paper is pre-coated to prevent the soaking of release agent into the base paper material. A glassine paper when used with silicone release agent provides transparency and heat resistance. Release liner paper is used as a carrier for labels on consumer goods. It plays a crucial role in applications of self-adhesive products. Release liner paper market is estimated to have growth during the forecast period, as the self-adhesive paper-based products are recyclable. In some cases, release liner paper is exposed to high fluctuating temperatures which requires high dimensional stability. The release liner paper has high heat resistant and dimensional stability which makes it suitable for weatherproofing, insulation products, and roofing shingles.
Global Release Liner Paper Market: Dynamics
A label provides information about the product packaged as well as protects it until application. Release liner being the carrier for that label, has an impact on the label industry. The demand for high-quality release liner paper is increasing as the market is moving towards bigger and faster equipment. Siliconized release liner paper can be manufactured with number of layers which uses silicone, paper, and polymer layers. These multiple layer release liner papers can be used for pharmaceutical & hygiene applications. The release liner paper market is estimated to have growth in the near future, as the demand for paper-based products is increasing. The recycling of silicone coated paper is comparatively easy than other coating materials, giving a boost to global release liner paper market. The strength of release liner paper is important for adhesive coating, converting and die-cutting. The release liner paper for labels should be manufactured so as to perform in high speed automated equipment.
Global Release Liner Paper Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global Release liner paper market has been segmented as
- Kraft Paper
- Glassine Paper
- Specialty Paper
On the basis of coating, the global Release liner paper market has been segmented as
- One-side Coated
- Two-side Coated
On the basis of End Use, the global Release liner paper market has been segmented as
- Building & Construction
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods
Global Release Liner Paper Market: Regional Outlook
Release liner paper market in the European region is anticipated to have significant expansion in the upcoming years. As the European Association for self-adhesive label industry, FINAT is providing an online platform for its companies to exploit the recycling solutions available. The Asia Pacific release liner paper market is expected to witness high growth in the upcoming years. In India, the government allowed 100% FDI and relaxed the legislation which provided a boost to the food processing industry. According to FPA, the U.S. flexible packaging represents 19% of the total packaging industry, and flexible packaging formats are replacing rigid packaging formats, giving a boost to release liner paper market. The North American release liner paper market is expected to have moderate growth, due to increment in paper-based flexible packaging.
Global Release Liner Paper Market: Key Players
- Loparex LLC
- Twin Rivers Paper Company
- Mondi Group
- Verso Corporation
- Rayven, Inc.
- 3M Company
- Neenah Performance Materials
- Dow DuPont Inc.
Global Release Liner Paper Market: Developments
- Loparex LLC launched a high performance direct coated release liner, named Lopasil Ultra. A release liner that offers high level of dimensional stability, which can be used for variety of pressure sensitive adhesive applications
- Verso Corporation, a producer of flexible packaging, and converting papers introduced a product named GlazeSil which a machine glazed release liner paper for hygiene and medical applications
On the basis of region, Global release liner paper Market has been segmented as
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- The Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.