Regenerative Air Preheaters Market: Increase in Global Power Generation Capacity
- Rapid urbanization and industrialization across the globe is driving the demand for energy in the past few years. According to the International Energy Agency, in 2018, the global power demand increased by around 4% from 2017. Moreover, the low-carbon based power generation increased by around 6% in order to meet the demand in 2018.
- Coal maintained its dominance in the electricity generation mix in 2018. Moreover, power generation from the source rose by 2.6% in 2018. This resulted in a 2.5% increase in carbon (CO2) in 2018, of which, coal contributed around 80% of the total growth.
- Asia Pacific witnessed a rise in power generation by around 6.1%. Of which, China accounted for approximately 60% of the total power generation due to rapid advancement in power generation capacity, along with high demand for electricity in the country. China is followed by India, Japan, South Korea, and Indonesia in terms of rise in power generation in 2018.
- Power generation also rose to around 3.6% from 2017 in the U.S. due to economic growth and weather conditions, which spurred electricity consumption in the country, while power generation marginally declined in Canada. However, in Europe, power generation remained fairly stable regardless of the growth in renewable power and hydropower production in Turkey and France.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Regenerative Air Preheaters Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Regenerative Air Preheaters Market
- Increase in power demand across the globe is likely to drive the global regenerative air preheaters market during the forecast period. Even though power generation from renewable sources is growing at a rapid pace, it is unable to meet the increasing demand for power across the globe. However, this difference is being met majorly by coal and gas-based power plants.
- Thermal power plants utilize regenerative air preheaters to preheat the combustion air from turbine output steam in order to increase the overall thermal efficiency of operations. Preheated air helps in efficient and rapid combustion in the boiler furnace. Gas-based power plants also benefit from use of regenerative air preheaters, as the latter increase efficiency. Thus, rise in power demand would drive utility companies to produce power in an efficient and economical way. This would drive the demand for regenerative air preheaters in the near future.
- Industrialization is also likely to drive the global regenerative air preheaters market in the near future. Industries utilize boilers, steam, and hot air for various applications. These products can utilize regenerative air preheaters to increase thermal efficiency of their operations. These applications would require comparatively less fuel for similar thermal output, which would also minimize the overall operational costs for these industries.
Key Developments in Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market
- In August 2018, the ARVOS Group announced that its division LJUNGSTRÖM had invested in India by establishing their new air preheater production site at Mahindra World City, Chennai. The facility is expected to have a production capacity of around 16,000 metric tons per annum. The company claims that the facility is the largest heating element manufacturer in the region with advanced equipment and manufacturing processes.
- In January 2018, the ARVOS Group announced that its division LJUNGSTRÖM had been awarded a contract by Doosan Power Systems India (DPSI) to supply Ljungström® gas-gas and Ljungström® air preheaters heaters for the Obra-C and Jawaharpur coal-based power plant in Sonebhadra and Etah districts of Uttar Pradesh, India
Asia Pacific Expected to Dominate Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the global regenerative air preheaters market during the forecast period. The growth of this market in the region can be attributed to rise in investments in gas and coal-based power plants in the region, especially in China and India. The region is the largest producer of coal-based power and is expected to continue its dominance in the market in the near future.
- The regenerative air preheaters market in North America and Europe is likely to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period, as both regions are now focusing on renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels to meet their electricity demands
- The regenerative air preheaters market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to grow at a moderate pace during the forecast period
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Regenerative Air Preheaters Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players in Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market
Some of the key players operating in the regenerative air preheaters market include:
- L&T-Howden Limited
- Balcke-Dürr GmbH
- IMECO LIMITED
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- ARVOS Group
Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market: Research Scope
Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market, by Type
- Rotating-plate Regenerative Air Preheater
- Stationary-plate Regenerative Air Preheater
Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market, by End-user Industry
- Power Generation
- Others (Pulp & Paper, etc.)
Global Regenerative Air Preheaters Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.