Refinery Isomerization Unit Market: Introduction
- Isomerization is an advanced recycling process, wherein the isomerization unit converts light naphtha into a higher-value gasoline. End products of this process are sulfur, aromatics, benzene precursors, and olefins.
- Light naphtha that contains C5s and C6s is mixed with a small amount of hydrogen at 93°c to 204°c. It is passed into a reactor vessel containing platinum catalyst. This process rearranges the straight chains to branched isomers.
- Various companies are investing in upgrade of refinery, petrochemical plants, and gas processing plants by installing isomerization units due to the rise in demand for clean burning fuel. This is providing opportunities for the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market
- Rapid globalization and industrialization is key driver of the global refinery isomerization unit market. Of late, demand for oil and gas has been rising significantly across the globe. This has resulted in upgrade of the existing infrastructure of refineries. This rise in demand for fuel is one of the major drivers of the global refinery isomerization unit market.
- Stringent government rules and regulations about the emission of sulfur content is another factor driving the refinery isomerization unit market. Refinery isomerization units recycle low naphtha and convert it into high value fuel, which is free of sulfur, aromatics, and benzene-like pollutants. Thus, there has been a rise in investment for clean fuel. This is expected to drive the refinery isomerization unit market in the near future.
- Rise in awareness about renewable energy is a key restraint of the global refinery isomerization unit market in oil & gas industry. Global awareness about renewable energy has increased substantially over the last few years. This is expected to be one of the key restraining factors of the refinery isomerization unit market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market Segmentation
- The global refinery isomerization unit market can be segmented based on refinery type and technology
- In terms of refinery type, the refinery isomerization unit market can be segmented into integrated and non-integrated. Rise in number of integrated refineries across the globe is boosting the refinery isomerization unit market.
- Based on technology, the global refinery isomerization unit market can be divided into chlorinated alumina, zeolite, and mix metal oxide. The zeolite segment dominated the market in 2018. It is expected to maintain its dominance during forecast period.
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global refinery isomerization unit market in 2018. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period due to the increase in capacity of oil and gas production and presence of large numbers of private oil companies in the region.
- Middle East & Africa is a major oil producing region in the world. Offshore developments and discoveries of new oil and gas fields in countries such as Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia are anticipated to dominate the refinery isomerization unit market in the Middle East during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is key region of the global refinery isomerization unit market, due to rapid industrialization, rise in standard of living, and GDP growth rate
- The market in Latin America and Europe is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. Advancement in the automobile industry and rise in demand for clean fuel in these regions are anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
- In July 2019, Kuwait Integrated Petroleum Industries Company awarded Honeywell International Inc a contract to expand the Al-Zour refinery. According to the contract, Honeywell International Inc. will revise the configuration and capacity of the refinery’s gasoline production facilities to produce clean burning fuels.
- In April 2019, HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Limited (HRRL), a joint venture company of HPCL and the Government of Rajasthan, India, selected Axens to supply several technologies for 9 MTPA integrated refinery and petrochemical complex to be set in Pachpadra Tehsil of Barmer District of Rajasthan. According to the agreement, Axens will provide C5-C6 isomerization unit, naphtha hydrotreating unit (NHT), semi-regenerative reformer, and other technologies.
Key Players Operating in the Market
- Honeywell International Inc
- SENER group
- GTC Technology
- SIE Neftehim, LLC
- KBR Inc.
- voestalpine Böhler Welding Group GmbH
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market, by Refinery Type
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market, by Technology
- Chlorinated Alumina
- Mix Metal Oxide
Global Refinery Isomerization Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.