Refined Wax: Introduction
- Refined wax is a white, cream, yellow, or colorless soft solid derived from petroleum.
- Refined wax is a mixture of hydrocarbon molecules containing between 20 and 40 carbon atoms. It is solid at room temperature and begins to melt above approximately 60oC. The flash point of paraffin wax is about 250oC.
- It is derived from petroleum via a controlled refining process and primarily comprises straight chain normal paraffin hydrocarbons, which provide gloss and water repellent properties
- Common applications of refined wax include candle making, cosmetics, food, lubrication, nd electrical insulation
Key Drivers and Restraints of Refined Wax Market
- Increase in usage of natural ingredients in the manufacture of cosmetics and beauty products that do not carry any adverse effect on skin is a popular strategy of manufacturers to attract higher number of consumers
- Refined wax is used in lipsticks, creams, solid perfumes, beauty masks, facial care, and pedicure and other beauty products
- Rise in demand for cosmetics and beauty products is one of the key factors likely to drive the refined wax market. Refined wax is used to create an essential coating for foods, and pharmaceutical packaging. It is also employed in the production of a gum base, which is a vital ingredient in chewing gums.
- Rapid growth in population and rise in the level of disposable income of the people, especially in developing economies, is driving the growth of various end-use industries
- Refined wax provides resistance to moisture and oxidation; thus, it is used in coatings, paints, adhesives, hot-melt adhesives, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, skin care therapy, personal care, electrical insulations, etc. This is anticipated to propel the refined wax market in the near future.
- Fluctuation in prices of crude oil is expected to hinder the refined wax market in the near future
Refined Wax: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global refined wax market can be segmented into candles, packaging, cosmetics, hotmelts, rubber, crayons, and others
- The candle segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Large amount of refined wax is used to prepare candles with different qualities and fragrances. This factor is projected to boost the global refined wax market in the next few years.
- The cosmetics segment is projected to hold key share of the global refined wax market in the near future. Rise in awareness about personal care and beauty products is projected to propel the global refined wax market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Refined Wax Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the refined wax market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Refined Wax Market
- In terms of region, the refined wax market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global refined wax market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Rise in demand for candles, hot-melt adhesives, and packaging is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The refined wax market in North America and Europe is projected to expand significantly in the near future, due to the rise in demand for fragrance candles, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceuticals, and packaged food products in these regions
- The refined wax market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Refined wax is imported into countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa, due to the limited presence of manufacturing companies in these countries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Refined Wax Market
The refined wax market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the refined wax market include:
- Exxon Mobile
- The International Group, Inc.,
- Calumet Specialty Products
- American Refining Group, Inc.,
- Hansen & Rosenthal
- Nippon Seiro
- ALTANA, SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd.,
- Sage Oil LLC
- Health & Beauty Natural Oils Co., Inc.,
- Changge Huading Wax Industry Co., Ltd
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Ergon, Inc.
- Sonneborn LLC,
- Lion Chemtech Co., Ltd.
Refined Wax Market: Research Scope
Refined Wax Market, by Grade
Refined Wax Market, by Application
Global Refined Wax Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.