Recycled Cardboard: Introduction
- The global recycled cardboard market is anticipated to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to the rise in demand for recycled cardboard in the packaging industry. Recycled cardboard is widely used in sustainable packaging, as it is non-toxic, biodegradable, and water soluble.
Key Drivers of Global Recycled Cardboard Market
- Cardboard, also known as old corrugated cardboard, is a readily recyclable material. Recycled cardboard is commonly used in supermarkets, restaurants, and other food service businesses for products such as ice-packed produce and meat, because the wax protects the cardboard from becoming soggy and breaking down.
- Paper waste accounts for nearly 40% of all waste in the U.S., and paper production contributes significantly to deforestation, as well as air, water, and land pollution. Paper and cardboard products that end up in landfills release methane gas when they start to decompose, further contributing to environmental pollution. However, of late, between 60% and 85% of all paper products, including cardboard, have been recycled. Recycling cardboard is a simple and effective way to reduce the amount that ends up in landfills, and lower the number of trees used in paper manufacturing.
- Recycled cardboard creates 35% less water pollution and 74% less air pollution than ‘virgin’ paper pulp, thus making it significantly more sustainable. It can be recycled up to five times, after which it can still be used as compost or animal bedding. Furthermore, most cardboards do not undergo any bleaching process, thereby reducing the environmental damage caused by toxic chemical runoff at paper mills.
Packaging Application Segment to Create Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of value and volume, the packaging segment accounted for significant share of the global recycled cardboard market in 2019. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period, due to growth of the packaging industry in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
- Recycled cardboard is a high-quality material that can be used as packaging material in boxes. Cardboard can be recycled many times, s it does not lose its strength.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Recycled Cardboard Market
- Based on region, the global recycled cardboard market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of value and volume, Europe accounted for significant share of the global recycled cardboard market in 2019. It is anticipated to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period, due to stringent regulations imposed by the European Union on plastic recycling. Many countries in the European Union have started recycling plastic or any type of waste to reduce garbage.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be attractive regions of the global recycled cardboard market during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Various players operate in the global recycled cardboard market. However, there exists an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. Key players operating in the global recycled cardboard market include:
- Macfab Systems
- Presona AB
- Sebright Products, Inc.
- Enerpat Group UK Ltd
- Erdwich Zerkleinerungs-Systeme GmbH
- BT-Wolfgang Binder GmbH
- Shred-Tech Corp.
- Mark Lyndon Paper Enterprises UK Limited
- Custom Container Solutions, LLC (CCS)
Global Recycled Cardboard Market: Research Scope
Global Recycled Cardboard Market, by Application
- Paper & Cardboard
- Bubble Wrap
- Void Fill Packing
- Pouch & Envelope
Global Recycled Cardboard Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.