Global Rectifier Transformers Market: Introduction
- A transformer rectifier is a transformer that contains diodes or thyristors in the same tank. In industrial processes that require significant supply of direct current (DC), rectifier transformers are used. Typical processes include DC traction, electrolysis, and smelting operations.
- Rectifier transformers are designed to address issues such as eddy current and harmonics. With the help of a rectifier transformer, fine voltage regulation levels can be achieved. In these transformers, control units can be built inside or separately. The system is ideal for use in applications with high voltage.
- A combination of a regulating transformer and a rectifier transformer, which is applied to primary aluminum production (smelters), is commonly known as a rectiformer. In applications with rating of up to 160 MVA approximately, rectiformers can be used as a single-tank solution. However, for higher ratings, transportation restrictions usually call for two transformers to be used as separate units.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Rectifier Transformers Market
- Most applications require special industrial transformers, as the prevalent devices cannot bear the load of these applications. These transformers provide low voltage supply with the required energy, without causing any damage. These are used in various applications such as mining, electric furnaces, laboratory experiments, and variable-speed-drive motor controls.
- Rectifier transformers operate at a medium or low load. Rectifier transformers allow power transmission at high voltages over long distances, thereby minimizing the loss during transmission.
- Increase in the demand for power, cross-border power transmission, worldwide initiatives to utilize renewable and non-conventional energy sources and to upgrade transmission networks are factors boosting the global rectifier transformers market
- Growth of the global rectifier transformers market is directly linked to increasing demand for electricity, advancements in transmission lines, and replacement of old transformer units worldwide. The high cost of purchasing and building rectifier transformers is a major limitation. Nevertheless, without rectifier transformers, no power system is complete and hence, several governments are offering subsidies on these transformers in different forms.
- Furthermore, the global rectifier transformers market is driven by increased demand for electricity. As the power sector is the key indicator of economic growth, countries are investing in improving their electricity infrastructure and meeting the risen demand for electricity.
- Low-rated rectifier transformers are currently used more commonly than medium-rated and high-rated rectifier transformers. Globally, high-voltage DC (HVDC) and high-voltage AC (HVAC) transmission are preferred modes of power transmission. This is a key factor fueling the global market for rectifier transformers.
- Other major drivers include expansion of transmission networks, high demand for electricity, and replacement of old units of transformers. In addition, renewable energy generation is increasing globally and the world moving toward ‘green energy.’ Thus, the number of solar and wind power plants has risen significantly across the globe over the last few years.
- Additionally, increase in the utilization of renewable as well as non-renewable energy sources drives the demand for rectifier transformers, with rise in the demand for integration of new power plants with transmission networks
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Market for Rectifier Transformers in Asia Pacific to Register Maximum Growth Rate
- In terms of region, the global rectifier transformers market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market for rectifier transformers in Asia Pacific is likely to register the maximum growth rate from 2019 to 2027, due to technological advancements and increase in the utilization of renewable as well as non-renewable energy sources in the region. This is expected to lead to rising demand for rectifier transformers in the region in the near future.
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at a significant rate throughout the forecast period, owing to presence of several major manufacturers of transformers in the region
- Growing defense expenditure in the U.S. is expected to drive the demand for rectifier transformers in the country during the forecast period
- High demand for electricity in developing economies, such as Brazil and countries in the Middle East such as Iran and Saudi Arabia is a key factor driving the rectifier transformers market in these countries
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global rectifier transformers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- ASEA Brown Boveri Group
- General Electric Company
- Toshiba Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Crompton Greaves Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Schneider Electric SA
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Tebian Electric Apparatus
Global Rectifier Transformers Market: Research Scope
Global Rectifier Transformers Market, by Type
- Up to 500 KVA
- Up to 2,000 KVA
- Up to 5,000 KVA
Global Rectifier Transformers Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
- Metals & Mining
Global Rectifier Transformers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.