Global Rectenna Market – Introduction
- A rectenna, also known as rectifying antenna, is a device that converts AC electromagnetic (EM) waves into DC electricity.
- It is a type of a flexible radio-frequency (RF) antenna, which receives EM waves and enables wireless power transmission. These waves travel into the semiconductor and are converted by the rectenna into DC voltage, which can be used to recharge batteries or power electronic circuits.
- A major component of a rectenna is a rectifier, which converts the AC input signal into the DC power output. In earlier days, gallium arsenide or silicon was used for the manufacture of rectifiers.
- Currently, a novel 2-D material called molybdenum is preferred. Molybdenum is one of thinnest materials in the world. Rectennas are of two types: optical rectennas and radio-frequency (RF) rectennas. Optical rectennas convert light into electricity.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Ask Report Brochure
Increasing Demand for Consumer Electronics to Drive Global Rectenna Market
- The global rectenna market is expected to be driven by increasing demand for advanced technology devices in the consumer electronics industry including laptops, smart phones, tablets, and other portable devices. Furthermore, widening user base of smartphones is expected to be a major factor driving the global rectenna market during the forecast period.
Product enhancement driving Global Rectenna Market
- Cellular wireless communications have shown tremendous growth in recent years. Radio frequency energy harvesting has become an important technology by offering low power devices to get free from batteries
- The rectenna developed by the MIT and University of Madrid can convert the energy from wi-fi signal into electricity. The device can produce around 40 microwatts of power when exposed to a power level of wi-fi signals
- Due to such opportunities the batteries of electronics devices such as smartphones, laptops, wearable can be easily charged or powered
- Such types of product enhancement in the rectenna is anticipated to boost the rectenna market in the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Rectenna Market, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global rectenna market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America
- Rectenna market in North America is anticipated to hold the largest market share in the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to technological development in the region and high adoption of wireless technologies
- Rectenna market in Asia Pacific region is expected to grow with the highest CAGR owing to the high adoption rate of the wireless technologies and large consumer electronics industry
- Middle East & Africa and South America are the potential growth markets for the rectenna market
Key Players in Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for rectenna market. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global rectenna market include:
- AVX Corporation
- API Technologies
- Allis Communications Co., Ltd.
- CoolCAD Electronics, LLC
Global Rectenna Market – Segmentation
The global rectenna market can be segmented based on:
Global Rectenna Market, by Type
Based on type, the global rectenna market can be classified into:
- Radio-frequency Rectenna
- Optical Rectenna
Global Rectenna Market, by Application
Based on application, the global rectenna market can be divided into:
- Wireless Power Transmission
- Proximity Cards
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.