Recreational off-highway vehicles are used for outdoor activities. Four-seater and two-seater recreational off-highway vehicles are available in the market. These vehicles are equipped with a steering wheel, roll over cage, and seatbelts. A recreational off-highway vehicle are equipped with four or more low pressure tires. The recreational off-highway vehicle has good maneuverability on uneven terrains and has minimum top speed of 30 mph.
Sales of recreational off-highway vehicles have increased substantially post credit crisis of 2008. Rise in disposable income has increased expenditure on recreation. This, in turn, is projected to boost the recreational off-highway vehicles market. Increase in the number of young consumers and surge in the number of rallies and off-road racing activities are expected to drive the demand of these vehicles. Rise in tourism and outdoor activities is expected to boost the recreational off-highway vehicles market. Adoption of and improvement in safety standards for recreational off-highway vehicles have increased consumer confidence, thus spurring sales. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission sets strict safety standards for recreational off-highway vehicles. Demand for electric recreational off-highway vehicles is expected to increase, as governing authorities are focusing on minimizing carbon footprint on natural trails that these vehicles are driven on. Electric off-highway recreational vehicles have low operational cost and thus there demand is expected to rise. The off-highway recreational vehicles have less demand in developing countries with low consumer spending thus acting as a restraining factor for the recreational off-highway vehicles market.
The global recreational off-highway vehicles market can be classified based on engine type, engine capacity, and region. In terms of engine type, the recreational off-highway vehicles market can be segmented into gasoline, diesel, and electric. Gasoline engines are preferred for recreational off-highway vehicles, as these are lightweight and provide high-performance. The gasoline type recreational vehicle are expected to dominate the global recreational off-highway vehicles market as they are less polluting than diesel and offers good pickup speeds. Electric engines for the use in these vehicles are at a nascent stage. Demand for these vehicles with electric engines is projected to increase in the near future due to the rising emphasis on curbing pollution.
By engine capacity the global recreational off-highway vehicles market is segmented under less than or equal to 750cc & greater than 750cc engine capacity, the recreational off-highway vehicles market with less than equal to 750 cc engines capacity contributed to higher market share. Several recreational off-highway vehicle manufactures offer engines with capacity of 900 cc and 1000 cc. However, the less than and equal to 750 cc engines segment is expected to dominate the recreational off-highway vehicles market during the forecast period.
In terms of region, the global recreational off-highway vehicles market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the global recreational off-highway vehicles market due to high preference for off-road activities in the U.S.
Key players operating in the global recreational off-highway vehicles market include Polaris, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., Bennche, LLC, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., and John Deere.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.