Global Recordable Optical Disc Market: Overview
Optical storage of data is an accepted means for condensing audio, video, and voice data. The development of optical discs was a ground-breaking development in the field of data storage and hardware development. Despite the fading popularity of CDs and DVDs, the market for recordable optical disc has grown at a respectable pace. This owes to the utility served by optical storage in industries prone to data duplicity. Furthermore, the use of laser-based optical recording discs has also emerged as a key driver of demand within this market.
Scientists consider optical data storage as an energy-efficient means to store digital data. The use of low-power laser beams to store and retrieve digital data from an optical storage has played an integral role in market growth. The growing relevance of binary data has necessitated the use of laser beams for encoding data on optical discs. The rise of innovative computing technologies has also spearheaded the growth of the global recordable optical disc market. It is expected that the growing relevance of compact data storage technologies would generate huge-scale demand within the global market.
Research related to the applications of optical technologies has created tremendous demand within the global market. Students and research scholars invest ample time in studying about concentric patterns meant for storing data on a optical discs. Furthermore, miniaturization of these discs is also a key area of study for researchers. The aforementioned trends have also played a key role in driving demand within the global recordable optical disc market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Recordable Optical Disc Market”
A review by Transparency Market Research decodes several drivers of demand operating in the global recordable optical disc. The global recordable optical disc market is segmented on the basis of the following parameters: end-user and region. On the basis of region, the recordable optical disc market in Asia Pacific has maintained sustainable demand.
Global Recordable Optical Disc Market: Notable Developments
The key developments in the global recordable optical disc market, albeit small in magnitude, have been crucial for the market vendors.
- Mitsubishi’s business unit for recordable optical media, Verbatim, has been sold to CMC Magnetics. Apart from selling recordable optical media, Verbatim was famous for its supremacy in selling USB flash drives, accessories, and DAS devices. A total of $32 million would be paid by CMC to Mitsubishi Chemical, as part of the agreement. Verbatim made notable advancements during its tenure of operation, and its acquisition is a sign of growing competition in the market.
- Blu-ray recordable discs have also attracted a humongous demand over the past decade. Blu-ray Media is an established provider of recordable discs and dual-layer recordables, and the growth trajectory of the company shall influence the overall growth of the global recordable optical disc market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Recordable Optical Disc Market: Growth Drivers
- Corporate Traditions to Offer Hope as Market Size Dwindles
The availability of cutting-edge technologies for data storage has hampered the growth of the global recordable optical disc market. This trend has worried the vendors operating in the global recordable optical disc market. However, several corporates still trust recordable optical discs for managing their data sets. Although digital transformation has overshadowed obsolete technologies, the use of recordable optical discs by individuals has not run out of practice.
- Hardware Technologies Support the Use of Optical Disc
Several devices are equipped with sockets for inserting recordable optical disc. Even modern computer devices have specialised features for inserting optical discs and compact drives. This factor, coupled with the popularity of disc storage, is slated to create sustainable opportunities within the global market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.