Reciprocating air compressor consist of piston-cylinder arrangement which is used to compress air. In this type of air compressor, a piston moves back-and-forth inside the cylinder to compress the air. The reciprocating air compressor is also known as positive displacement compressor. Reciprocating air compressor is available as lubricated and oil-free. Rise in manufacturing activities, especially in the automotive sector in Asia Pacific is expected to increase the demand for reciprocating air compressor. However, preference for hiring air compressors is likely to hamper the demand for reciprocating air compressor during the forecast period.
The global reciprocating air compressor market can be segmented based on method of action, product type, end-user industry, and region. In terms of method of action, the reciprocating air compressor market can be bifurcated into single acting and double acting. Single acting reciprocating air compressor accounted for a major share of the market in 2017 and is likely to continue its dominance during the forecast period. This type of compressor is extensively used in places such as small workshops and houses due to its ease operation and portability. Double acting reciprocating air compressor is used in high-pressure services. Based on product type, the reciprocating air compressor market is segmented into stationary and portable. Portable reciprocating air compressor is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Positive outlook related to oil & gas exploration and mining activities coupled with rise in construction activities in developing countries are the major factors which is expected to increase the demand for portable reciprocating air compressors between 2018 and 2026.
In terms of end-user industry, the reciprocating air compressor market can be divided into oil & gas, manufacturing, health care, home appliances, food & beverages, semiconductor & electronics, mining, and others. The manufacturing segment held a significant share of the market in 2017. It is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. Manufacturing companies such as automotive, construction equipment, and other products use compressed air to operate pneumatic tools, cutting equipment, welding equipment, and molding equipment, among others. Expansion of the manufacturing sector, especially in Asia Pacific which is manufacturing hub drives the demand for reciprocating air compressor.
Reciprocating air compressor Market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on region, the global reciprocating air compressor market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific held a major share of the reciprocating air compressor market in 2017. It is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period. Companies across the globe are focusing on Asia Pacific, as it is a high potential region for various industries. Growing end-user industries such as manufacturing, health care, and electronics are major factors driving the reciprocating air compressors market in Asia Pacific. The reciprocating air compressor market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace in the near future. After Asia Pacific, Europe constituted a major share of the reciprocating air compressors market in 2017. Presence of leading automotive companies where reciprocating air compressors are used in production lines and other purposes. Growth in the automotive industry across all regions along with Europe drives the demand for reciprocating air compressor.
Reciprocating Air Compressor Market: Key Players
The global reciprocating air compressor market is competitive due to the presence of large and small companies at the global and regional level. Some of the prominent companies operating in the reciprocating air compressor market include Atlas Copco, Ingersoll-Rand, Elgi Compressors USA, Inc, Kaeser Kompressoren, Gardner Denver, Inc., and Belaire Compressor. Companies are focusing on product innovation, pricing strategy, and strong distribution network to gain competitive advantage over the market. Some companies focus on strategic partnerships and acquisition to expand their business segments.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.