Rebreather-Scuba Diving Market: Introduction
- Rebreather is an essential scuba diving gear which supplies oxygen or nitro and removes co2 from the breathing loop. Rebreathers operate silently and provide longer dive time. The function of a rebreather is the same in different models; however execution differs.
- Electronically controlled rebreathers (ECCR) constantly measure oxygen using a computer and maintains partial pressure of oxygen in the breathing loop.
- MCCR - Manually controlled closed circuit rebreather are cheaper than ECCR and require manual control of the oxygen supply.
- The use of a rebreather produces less bubble; disturbance to underwater life is also eliminated, providing greater access for exploration. The global rise in recreational activities and tourism is expected to fuel the growth of the rebreather-scuba diving market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of the Global Rebreather-Scuba Diving Market
- Scuba diving has gained popularity in the last few years. Rebreathers are ideal for scientists, explorers, and frequent divers. Rebreathers help in conducting underwater research and helps to stay underwater for long durations. Deep sea photography is possible due to efficient rebreathers. Scrubber canister is an important part of a rebreather which extracts co2 from the breathing loop. Different sizes and designs of scrubber canisters impacts the performance.
- The purchase of a rebreather is purpose oriented – either for recreation diving, cave diving, technical diving, or deep-sea diving. The models of rebreathers differ according to purpose.
- A person buying a rebreather needs to have sufficient knowledge about the product as it is complex and expensive. Proper maintenance and pre & post diving care of the machine is time consuming. Scuba diving equipment are expensive and is not bought by consumers who perform occasional diving activity. Weather conditions, disturbance to aquatic life, and rise in temperature are likely to be threats to the market.
- Governments across the world support tourism as it contributes to GDP. Preference for coastal tourism has led to increase in coastal activities. Many companies provide packages for various water activities. Increase in disposable income is further expected to drive the rebreather market.
- Improvement in government regulations toward preservation and improvement of aquatic life and development of streamlined processes for aquatic activities is set to generate opportunities for many service providers. The rebreather - scuba diving market is thus projected to see substantial growth during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America Lead the Global Rebreather-Scuba Diving Market
- Geographically, the global rebreather-scuba diving market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
- Rising popularity of scuba diving is expected to drive the market. Technological upgrades and other product innovations by global manufacturers is likely to positively impact market expansion. Various stores and online websites offer popular brands of rebreathers and accessories.
- North America is expected to lead the global rebreather-scuba diving market followed by Europe during the forecast period. The Asian market is set to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing tourism in Thailand, the Philippines, Mauritius, and other coastal countries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Global Rebreather-Scuba Diving Market
Leading players operating in the global rebreather-scuba diving market include:
- Huish Outdoors
- Liberty Systems, s.r.o., Divesoft, LLC
- Aqua Lung International
- Sherwood Scuba
- AP Diving
- Poseidon Diving Systems AB
- Halcyon Manufacturing
- MARES S.p.A.
- Johnson Outdoors Inc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, ask for a customized report
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market: Research Scope
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, by Type
- Recreational Rebreather
- Technical Rebreather
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, by Style
- Closed Circuit (CCR)
- Semi-Closed Circuit (s-CCR)
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, by Operation
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Rebreather - Scuba Diving Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.