Past few decades have seen the use of range of sensors and software in real-time people counting system. Such systems have been used popularly in counting people entering or leaving a space, such as rooms, buildings, or similar commercial spaces. These systems have gained a steady market due to the need for analyzing customer data in shopping centers, museums, restaurants, and retail chains. The real-time people counting system market has made strides on the back of continuous technological advances that have enabled counting with remarkably high precision. Plus, the data generated can be extracted into read-to-use metrics for marketing analysts. A prominent case in point is the prospective utility of such systems in estimating the footfalls in an e-commerce facility.
Over the years, efforts to harness artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have shaped the course of new product development strategies of technology companies in the real-time people counting system market. Many players have also been attracting business marketers with plug and play functionality. Such technologies when integrated with state-of-the-art sensors make the system more accurate and churn out helpful results. Dynamically changing shopping taste and preferences have raised the ante for retail players to boost their conversion rate continuously. The trend is bolstering the prospects of the market.
Real-time people flow data is beneficial for security purposes and management of people such as tourist flow estimation and pedestrian traffic management. It is necessary to obtain precise information about visitors at specific places such as market places, shopping malls, and departmental stores at any given time. Many of such measurements are still carried out manually. Therefore, it is essential to improve the automatic method of counting the people in real time.
People counting system provides data that allows end-users to explore potential revenue opportunities. Counting and reporting the number of people entering and exiting a particular area helps create ways to identify opportunities for improvement. In crowded environments like shopping malls airports and railway stations, real time people counting system can alert operators to potentially risky situations without having to dedicate manpower for monitoring. Real-time people counting system provides data that is useful for various purposes including accurate outdoor and indoor analysis to reduce false alarms and statistical analysis of traffic.
Development of intelligent transportation solution (ITS) and acceptance of advanced solutions are creating lucrative business opportunities for providers of real-time people counting systems. Different types of people counting technologies are available in the market. These can be broadly classified into two categories: static and on-board systems. On-board systems are embedded in vehicles, while static systems are installed at stations. Technically, on-board systems consist of sensors and on-board computers that convert and store the information registered by sensors into passenger counts. Infra-red (IR) sensing is a common technique for counting in these systems. Other techniques used are cameras, pressure-sensitive mats, and horizontal beams.
The real-time people counting system market is driven by various factors such as availability of low-cost and easy to set up solutions, growth in the retail sector, rise in demand for people counting systems in the transportation sector, and increase in adoption rate of people counting technologies. However, location inaccuracy and privacy concerns in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth based systems are expected to hamper the real-time people counting system market during the forecast period. Furthermore, booming e-commerce industry and increase in online sales channels are key factors adversely affecting the real-time people counting system market.
The global real-time people counting system market can be segmented based on component, technology, and vertical. In terms of component, the real-time people counting system market can be bifurcated into two major categories: hardware (thermal cameras, infrared, fixed camera, fixed dome camera and pan, tilt & zoom (PTZ)); and software. Based on technology, the real-time people counting system market can be fragmented into infrared beam, thermal imaging, video based, and other technologies. In terms of vertical, the real-time people counting system market can be segregated into BFSI, telecom & IT, media & entertainment, transportation, retail & e-commerce, utilities, health care, government, and education.
The global real-time people counting system market can also be classified in terms of region into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to account for major share of the market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in adoption of intelligent transportation systems and presence of many of the world’s busiest airports in the region. Major companies such as ShopperTrak, RetailNext, and Axis Communications launch their products in North America. Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the real-time people counting system market owing to the increase in number of supermarkets, retail stores, and shopping malls.
Major players active in the real-time people counting system market include Axiomatic Technology Limited, Axis Communication AB, Countwise LLC, Dilax Intelcom GmbH, Eurotech S.P.A., Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH, IEE S.A., IRIS-GmbH, Infrared Integrated Systems Ltd. (IRISys), Retailnext, Inc., V-Count, and Xovis AG.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.