COVID-19 Impact on Global Reactive Emulsifier Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to disturbance in the supply chain due to the global lockdown in several countries. The spread of coronavirus caused a fall in demand for chemical intermediates due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets. Therefore, a number of major chemical producing & consuming countries witnessed a significant variation in demand for reactive emulsifiers in end-use industries such as food, cosmetics & personal care, oilfield chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and agrochemicals due to the pandemic.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Reactive Emulsifier Market
- Demand for reactive emulsifier is expected to increase at a significant pace during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for weed control chemicals in agriculture and marine industries. Rise in cost of labor and shortage of arable lands are the major factors driving the reactive emulsifier market. Rapid growth in urbanization creates shortage of labor, due to which farmers are adopting unconventional farming practices to increase the crop yield in less crop cultivable land. The aim of using reactive emulsifier is to improve agricultural productivity by killing unwanted herbs and weeds in the plantation. Hence, increase in demand for high agricultural productivity to meet the global food demand is primarily driving the reactive emulsifier market.
- Surge in population and rise in disposable income of people in developing regions such as Asia Pacific increases the demand for herbicides. This, in turn, is boosting the market.
- Reactive emulsifier produces acute toxicity in humans such as irritation of the skin, eyes, and nose. This is expected to hamper the global reactive emulsifier market.
Reactive Emulsifier Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the reactive emulsifier market can be divided into food, cosmetics & personal care, oilfield chemicals, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and others
- The food segment dominates the reactive emulsifier market
- In the food & beverages industry, emulsifiers are being widely used in bakery and confectionery products. Emulsifiers are also used in other products including dairy and frozen products, sauces and dressings, beverages, and meat and poultry.
North America to Hold Leading Share of Global Reactive Emulsifier Market
- In terms of region, the reactive emulsifier market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global reactive emulsifier market, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe, during the forecast period
- Demand for fast food is increasing in North America with the growing disposable income of middle-class families in the region. Application of reactive emulsifier is not limited to the food industry; it is also used in medicine production in the region. Considering this, the market share of North America is expected to increase during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Reactive Emulsifier Market
The reactive emulsifier market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the reactive emulsifier market include:
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Cargill Incorporation
- Kerry Group
- Puratos Group
- The Dow Chemical Company
- DSM Nutritional Products
- BASF SE
- Palsgaard A/S
- Stepan Company
- Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
Reactive Emulsifier Market: Research Scope
Reactive Emulsifier Market, by Application
- Others (Cheese, Mayonnaise)
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Creams & Lotions
- Makeup Components
- Personal Hygiene
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Drilling Fluids
- Wetting Fluids
- Gelling Fluids
- Creams & Gels
- Seed Coating
- Crop Protection
- Others (Paints & Polymers, Oil Spill Dispersants, and Household)
Global Reactive Emulsifier Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reactive Emulsifier Market: Introduction
- Reactive emulsifiers provide micelles for radical reaction. They are kind of monomers that are polymerizable with monomers such as butyl acrylate (BA), methyl methacrylate (MMA), and 2-ethylhexyl acrylate (2-EHA).
- Emulsifiers used in food are also known as emulgents. Among various emulsifiers, egg is one of the oldest and most commonly used emulsifiers.
- Emulsifiers are used extensively in chocolate and confectionery products. They provide various advantages during processing and storage. Primary emulsifiers used in chocolate are PGPR and lecithin.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.