RDP Powder Market
RDP Powder Market (Polymer Type: Acrylic, Vinyl Acetate Ethylene [VAE], Vinyl Ester of Versatic Acid [VeoVa], Styrene Butadiene, and Others; and Application: Mortars & Cements, Tile Adhesives & Grouts, Plasters, Insulation & Finish Systems, Self-leveling Underlayment, and Others; and End-use Industry: Residential and Non-residential) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Plug & Play Mode Helps Construction Industry to Stay Float amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The plug & play mode is being adopted by the Indian construction industry, due to the unprecedented times of the coronavirus pandemic. COVID-19 vaccines and the decreasing number of active cases are estimated to replenish the growth of the RDP powder market, as businesses are going back to normal and employment opportunities are surging since construction is the biggest employment generating industry after agriculture in India.
Germany, on the other hand, is focusing on liquidity and profitability to stay competitive compared to the construction industry around the world. Manufacturers in the RDP powder market should tap into incremental opportunities here to offset their losses in 2020. As such, building activity is rising in southern Europe and China.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Better Mortar Workability, Abrasion Resistance Preferred in RDP Products
The RDP powder market is projected to cross the revenue of US$ 3.4 Bn by the end of 2030. However, there is a need for powders that offer better mortar workability, ensure long-term durability, and offer abrasion resistance in building and construction applications. Thus, Celanese Corporation— a specialty materials company has introduced its ELOTEX® redispersible polymer powders (RDP) that increase adhesion to porous and non-porous substrates, and provide better mortar workability.
Reduced rigidity and improved flexibility are being preferred in RDP products. Manufacturers are increasing their output capacities to meet end user requirements for the development of dry mix mortar formulations for the construction industry.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Acrylic Polymers Gain Visibility in Cement Renders for Use in Wet Interior Applications
Companies in the RDP powder market are gaining expertise in special latex dispersions to be proficient in RDP production. These powders are being designed to bring defined improvements to a wide range of mortars. Reduced water adsorption and increased adhesion to porous and non-porous substrates are being demanded by builders, engineers, and architects in the construction industry.
The RDP powder market is slated to clock a favorable CAGR of 7.5% during the assessment period. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of products used in cement and lime-based renders. This is evident as acrylic polymers are gaining prominence in mortar and cement applications. They are focusing on offering inside out durability in cement renders for exterior and wet interior applications.
High-quality RDP Products with Improved Adhesion, Workability Fuel Market Growth
RDP powders are being extensively used to improve adhesion, workability, and flexibility of cement renders. Advantageous attributes such as thixotropicity and hydrophobicity of RDP powders are gaining popularity. In order to reduce efflorescence in cement renders for exterior and wet interior applications, manufacturers are boosting their production capacities to meet end user requirements.
Different applications such as exterior finishing render and interior base coat render are fueling the growth of the RDP powder market. Manufacturers are innovating in high quality RDP products with multipurpose properties suitable for standard render dry mixes.
EVA Polymers Meet Demanding Construction Applications of Freeze-Thaw, Crack Resistance
In order to gain competitive advantage, manufacturers in the RDP powder market need to take additional efforts to solve the problems of production and application of products. Mikem— a specialist in green chemistry, is strengthening its supply networks for MikrantTM RDP, which is a water soluble polymer made from ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) polymer through spray drying. As such, EVA is being associated with improved bending and flexural strength of the mortar.
Manufacturers in the RDP powder market are producing organic adhesives that form a film with high tensile strength and bonding strength on different substrates. They are increasing the availability of RDP products that enhance impact resistance, durability, and abrasion resistance of the mortar. Demanding applications, such as freeze-thaw resistance, crack resistance, and extreme weather resistance are being kept in mind.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in RDP Powder Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Certain relaxations in social distancing and mobility restrictions are increasing productivity at construction sites post the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturers in the RDP powder market are innovating in thermoplastic resins to deliver flexibility, which allows the mortar to adapt to cold and heat changes in building structures. However, manufacturers need to overcome the problems of production and application. Thus, manufacturers in the RDP powder market should develop products that exhibit multipurpose properties in applications such as interior and exterior finishing render in building constructions. RDP products are acquiring visibility in tile adhesives, wall putty, and exterior wall insulation systems.
RDP Powder Market: Overview
- Redispersible polymer (RDP) powders are polymeric emulsion powders which when mixed with water, redisperse in water to form new emulsions. RDP powders when added to mortars increase cohesion, bond strength, and flexibility of mortar. RDP powders improve pot life, workability, water retention property, adhesion force, abrasion resistance, and sag resistance as per applications.
- RDP powder is primarily utilized in all kinds of dry-mix mortars such as wall putty powders, ceramic tile adhesives, ceramic tile jointing agents, dry powder interface agents, exterior insulation mortars, self-leveling mortars, mending mortars, decorative mortars, and waterproof mortars
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global RDP powder market for the historical year 2019 and the forecast period 2020 to 2030, rise in the usage of RDP powder in drainage & sewage systems and increase in application of RDP powder in the agriculture sector are key factors that are expected to boost the global RDP powder market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global RDP powder market is estimated to cross US$ 3.4 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period
Usage of RDP Powder in Waterproofing and Self-levelling Application: A Key Driver
- Demand for RDP powders in waterproofing, self-levelling, thermal insulation systems, cement-based plaster, and grouts is increasing rapidly due to its characteristic features such as superior flow properties and high water repellency. RDP powders, which possess excellent flow properties and high water repellency, reduce capillary water absorption in cement-based building products. These factors are boosting the RDP powder market globally.
- These powders have excellent water repellent and hydrophobic properties, which help reduce the formation of cracks formed by shrinkage. These factors are boosting the global RDP powder market.
Increase in Demand for Vinyl Acetate Ethylene
- In terms of consumption, the vinyl acetate ethylene segment held a major share of the global RDP market in 2019. The vinyl acetate ethylene segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to features such as high adhesion, heat resistance, low VOC emissions, and excellent scrub resistance.
- Acrylic-based RDP is majorly employed for waterproofing and self-leveling purpose. Acrylic-based RDP powders possess excellent hydrophobicity and styrene butadiene-based RDP powders offer superior freeze resistance. Acrylic-based RDP powders reduce the elastic modulus of the materials and improve elasticity and flexibility of materials.
- Demand for RDP powder is expected to increase in mortar and cement. Rise in requirements for durable construction materials with improved water resistance and mechanical performance is expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
Rise in Applications of RDP Powder in Residential Sector
- Based on application, the residential segment accounted for a major share of the global RDP powder market in 2019. The global building & construction industry is projected to expand at a significant pace over the next few years. Need for renovation of existing old structures and new construction projects in the country is likely to fuel the demand for RDP powder.
- Increase in population and technology improvements in Asia Pacific have fueled the demand for residential and commercial buildings. Rise in the number of non-residential projects such as hotels, schools, hospitals, and industrial buildings in the country is estimated to increase the demand for RDP powder over the next few years.
RDP Powder Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of RDP powder have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global RDP powder market are
- Wacker Chemie AG
- The Dow Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Synthomer plc
- Hexion Inc.
- VINAVIL S.p.A.
- Dairen Chemical Corporation
- Shandong Xindadi Industrial Group Co., Ltd.
- Organik Kimya
- SIDLEY CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
RDP Powder Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of RDP powder, such as Wacker Chemie AG, Nouryon, The Dow Chemical Company, and BASF SE, are focusing on capacity expansion and cost-effective production of RDP powder. Other key developments in the global RDP powder market are highlighted below:
- Wacker Chemie AG is expanding its existing production facility for dispersions and dispersible polymer powders based in Ulsan, South Korea. On September 3, 2019, Wacker Chemie AG installed a new spray dryer for production of dispersible polymer powders in Ulsan, South Korea. The company already produces vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions at this site.
- In the global RDP powder market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of RDP powder. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global RDP powder market.
RDP Powder Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global RDP powder market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global RDP powder market to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global RDP powder market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global RDP powder market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global RDP powder market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global RDP powder market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global RDP powder market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global RDP powder market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on RDP Powder Market
The report provides detailed information about the global RDP powder market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global RDP powder market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global RDP powder market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of RDP powder?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global RDP powder market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global RDP powder market?
- Which polymer type segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global RDP powder market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global RDP powder market?
Research Methodology – RDP Powder Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global RDP powder market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global RDP powder market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global RDP powder market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global RDP powder market.
RDP Powder Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global RDP powder market in terms of polymer type, application, end-use industry, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global RDP powder market.