Every pet needs ample amount of nutrition in order to stay energetic, healthy, and cheerful. Raw pet food refers to the food meant for pet animals which is free from preservatives and processing. It is regarded to be healthier than the traditional processed foods that contain preservatives and may be harmful for the pet as it can lead to allergies such as yeasts on the skin, paws, and ears. According to veterinary doctors around the globe, a nutritious and a grain free raw diet plays a pivotal role in determining the overall health of the pet and its longevity.
Raw pet food is free from preservatives, synthetic additives, grains, fillers, and any meat by-product. Raw pet food contains high quality meat and vegetables. The raw food is immediately frozen after it is prepared which preserves its freshness. Feeding the pet with such high quality raw pet food improves the overall health of the pet, improves the pet’s digestive and immune system, and gives it a healthy skin and a thick coat. There is a growing trend of humanization among pet owners which means that the owners treat their pets as a part of their family and have deep attachment toward them. An increasing number of people are buying hybrid breeds of the pets which are regarded as rare species.
Furthermore, there is a growing trend of premiumization as a number of pet owners are willing to shell out more money for premium quality food products. Key players in the pet food industry follow stringent safety and quality control norms in order to maintain the quality of the ingredients used in making the raw food and prevent any adulteration.
The growing concern among pet users regarding the health of their pets is anticipated to be the primary driver for the growth of the raw pet food market. Also, the growing awareness among the masses regarding raw pet foods through online blogs and recommendation by veterinary doctors is said to assist the growth of the market. The growing middle class population and the increasing disposable income of the individuals enable them to buy raw pet food which is expensive as compared to processed foods. Furthermore, the growing proliferation of brands in various regions is further driving the market. However, the adulteration of raw pet food with cheap quality ingredients is said to hinder the growth of the market. Nevertheless, growing awareness pertaining to the authenticity of the raw pet food among pet owners is set to have a positive impact on the market.
The global raw pet food market is segmented on the basis of food type, pet, sales channel, and geography. On the basis of food type, the raw pet food market is bifurcated into dry food and wet food. Depending on the pet, the market is segmented into dogs, cats, and others. In terms of sales channel, the market is segregated into online and offline. Based on geography, the market is separated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
The key players in the raw pet food market includes Pedigree Petfoods, Essential Foods, Friskies PetCare Company, Royal Canin, Bravo, LLC., Stewart Brand Dog Food, Colgate Palmolive Co., J.M. Smucker Co., Nestle SA, Raw Paws Pet, Inc., Raw Basics LLC, and BARW World, among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.