The global construction industry is facing a challenge of sustainability due to the rapid development of infrastructure and its maintenance. This requires the development of high performance construction materials. Rapid strength concrete is one of the major high performing construction materials that is used increasingly in construction activities across the globe. Rapid strength concrete when mixed with minimal amount of water, develops high resistance and compressive strength within few hours of its application. Rapid strength concrete mixtures are manufactured by carefully selecting high quality ingredients and mixture designs. After designing the mixture, it is batched, mixed, placed, compacted and cured to the highest industry standards depending upon the type of application. This special feature has many advantages such as removal of formwork at an early building process in reduced time, and repair of road surfaces that become fully operational in a few hours of construction.
Rapid strength concrete is a viable solution for rehabilitation and preservation of aging infrastructure in lower time. Factors such as decrease in volume of consumption of natural resources, reduction in servicing duration of structures and pavements, and reduction in global carbon dioxide footprint are driving the global rapid strength concrete market. Any concrete requires certain properties to be classified as rapid strength concrete. These includes workability which is required for the design consistency & segregation resistance; rate of early strength gain which is required for opening transportation structures & servicing of pavements in minimum possible time frame; and development of tensile strength & resistance towards cracking within few hours of application. Rapid strength concrete should gain the compressive strength of 20 to 28 MPa in between two to three hours of application. Rapid strength concrete has been successfully used for maintenance, repair, and extension of service life of bridges, tunnels, airfields, highways, and city streets.
Rapid strength concrete requires special chemicals and additives to make it desirable for special construction and maintenance works. Special chemicals and additives include portland cement, blended cement, fly ash, silica fumes, calcined clays, super plasticizers, water reducers, hydration control admixtures, retarders, corrosion inhibitors, shrinkage reducers, polymer modifiers, and accelerators. Increase in infrastructure development activities across the globe provides vast potential for the rapid strength concrete market. The rapid strength concrete market is driven by factors such as increase in multi-story and high rise construction activities, time saving advantages and ease-of-placing of rapid strength concrete, rise in global consumer base, and government regulations and policies on the usage of environment friendly concrete materials. In terms of construction application, the rapid strength concrete market can be segmented into modern airports, industrial & commercial buildings or floors, dockyards, parking areas, formed work, rail networks, roads & bridges, and others. In terms of consumption the roads & bridges construction segment account for the major share of the global rapid strength concrete market. High prices of rapid strength concrete and lack of demand and awareness in emerging economies are the key restraints of the rapid strength concrete market.
Currently Europe lead the global rapid strength concrete market in terms of consumption. It is followed by the U.S. and China. Rising trends of using rapid strength concrete in place of traditional concrete, increasing usage in Asia-Pacific, and development of inexpensive novel products are expected to provide immense growth opportunities to the global players in the rapid strength concrete market. Prominent global players that produce rapid strength concrete are BASF, CTS Cements, Buzzi Unicem, Instarmac, Aggregate Industries UK Ltd., and Perimeter Concrete Ltd. Holcim Ltd., and CRH-Aboitiz Company are the major players operating in Asia. Increase in investments for improvement of infrastructure, led by the rise in per capita GDP of countries in South East Asia, is anticipated to boost the demand for rapid strength concrete in the near future.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.