Rapid Prototyping Materials Market: Introduction
- Prototyping companies use a variety of materials, such as acrylic, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polyphenylsulfone, nylon, polycarbonate, which offer performance functionality, strength, and durability depending on customer requirement for finished products or components
- In metal casting, 3D prototypes can be constructed from a special prototyping wax. Various methods of prototype casting are used with these patterns. Vacuum plaster and low-temperature furnace methods are commonly paired with prototyping wax patterns in the prototype metal field.
Key Drivers of Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market
- Increase in demand of rapid prototyping materials from various end-use industries is expected to drive the rapid prototyping materials market during the forecast period
- Recent technological advancements, such as implementation of the 3D printing technology in prototyping and manufacturing applications for rapid prototyping has contributed significantly in market expansion. Moreover, major players operating in the global market are focusing on producing cost-effective prototyping materials for niche applications, where performance testing of prototype is not required.
- The aerospace & defense industry offers high opportunity to key players operating in the rapid prototyping materials market. The market is characterized by technological advancements and invention of new materials in the field of rapid prototyping.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Rapid Prototyping Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Aerospace & Defense and Healthcare Segments to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Healthcare and aerospace & defense are two profitable end-use industries, which demand stringent product composition and dimensions. These industries use the 3D printing technology for prototyping applications.
- Technological advancements and invention of new rapid prototyping materials have enhanced product demand in the aerospace & defense industry. Critical parts used in aerospace & defense are designed and developed using the 3D printing technology, and tested before they can be used commercially. This factor is driving the demand of rapid prototyping materials in the aerospace & defense sector.
- Metal rapid prototyping is used in several medical products, such as prosthetics & implants, surgical equipment, and tissue engineering products, thereby boosting the use of rapid prototyping materials in the healthcare sector.
High Cost of Prototyping Materials to Hamper Market
- Major factors restraining the expansion of the rapid prototyping materials market include high material costs, synchronization between prototyping and production materials, and low acceptance rate of rapid prototyping in emerging economies
- High R&D investments by key players operating in the market are expected to drive the rapid prototyping materials market
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global rapid prototyping materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the rapid prototyping materials market during the forecast period, owing to increasing use of rapid prototyping materials in various applications
- The rapid prototyping materials market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period, in terms of consumption. This growth can be attributed to increase in investments and production activities in automotive and consumer goods & electronics sectors in countries such as China, India, Japan, and Australia.
- Growth of transportation and aerospace & defense sectors in Europe is expected to fuel the demand for rapid prototyping materials in the region during the forecast period. The presence of well-established automotive sector in Europe is anticipated to boost the demand for rapid prototyping materials in Germany, France, and the U.K. during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Rapid Prototyping Materials Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market
The global rapid prototyping materials market is consolidated, with presence of large-sized international players. However, presence of small- and medium-sized domestic players makes the market highly competitive. Key players operating in the global rapid prototyping materials market are:
- 3D Systems Corporation
- LPW Technology Ltd.
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
- Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Renishaw Plc
- Arcam AB
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Oxford Performance Materials
- Royal DSM N.V.
- Arkema S.A.
Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market, by Type
Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market, by Form
Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Goods & Electronics
- Building & Construction
Global Rapid Prototyping Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.