Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market: Introduction
Rapid diagnostic test readers are laboratory diagnostics tools used for the diagnosis and analysis of various diseases in healthcare facilities. These are used with various immunoassays and biochemical tests. Rapid diagnostic test readers offer several advantages over the conventional ones, such as quick test results, easy-to-conduct diagnostics tests, save time, precise detection, and less complications. Thus, rapid diagnostics readers are an emerging tool for diagnosis of various disease indications in limited resource settings and remote locations where conventional approaches are inadequate or not available.
Key Drivers of Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market
Increase in Incidence of Infections
Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases are deemed to be a public health threat worldwide. A need for constant awareness and readiness and preparedness to deal with infectious disease outbreaks has been observed, which may cause a dangerous threat to the public. According to the BioMed Central Ltd (part of Springer Nature), the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention defined syndromic surveillance (SS) as surveillance using health-related data that precedes diagnosis and signals a sufficient probability of a case or an outbreak to warrant further public health response. Furthermore, high prevalence of infectious diseases, such as hepatitis, tuberculosis, retroviral infections, and endocrine disorders, viz., diabetes, thyroid disorders, etc., is likely to drive the demand for rapid diagnostics test readers during the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization, in 2016, more than 71 million people were affected with hepatitis C infection globally. Furthermore, according to the HIV.gov website, around 36.7 million people were living with HIV/AIDS worldwide by the end of 2016. Thus, high prevalence and rise in incidence rate of infectious diseases across the globe is a key factor driving the rapid diagnostics test readers market at a rapid pace.
Increase in Incidence Rate of Influenza
Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses and spreads easily. Influenza viruses undergo constant genetic change, which has substantial impact on induced immunity and considerations for vaccine composition. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), when an infected person coughs or sneezes, droplets containing viruses (infectious droplets) are dispersed into the air and can spread up to one meter, and infect persons in close proximity who breathe these droplets in. People should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing and wash their hands regularly in order to prevent transmission. Hence, increase in incidence rate of influenza drives the global rapid diagnostics test readers market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market
North America is projected to account for a major share of the global rapid diagnostics test readers market during the forecast period. North America is projected to hold a leading share of the global market owing to easy availability of rapid diagnostics test readers, early adoption of technologically advanced products, and a rise in the demand for point-of-care testing devices among healthcare institutions in the region. Following North America, Europe is projected to account for a prominent share of the global rapid diagnostics test readers market during the forecast period. Well-established healthcare facilities, emerging trend of preventive diagnostics, and increase in geriatric population in the region are estimated to drive the market in Europe. The rapid diagnostics test readers market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to rapidly changing healthcare infrastructure in emerging countries such as China and India, increase in per capita healthcare expenditure, and high incidence and prevalence rates of infectious diseases in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market
The global rapid diagnostics test readers market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global rapid diagnostics test readers market include:
- Abbott laboratories
- Danaher Corporation
- Detekt Biomedical LLC
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- DCN Diagnostics
- Erba Mannheim
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
- Reagena Oy Ltd
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems
- Now Diagnostic
- Shanghai Chemtron Biotech
- Nanjing Norman Biological Technology
- Atals Medical
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market: Research Scope
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market, by Type
- Handheld Rapid Diagnostic Readers
- Desktop Rapid Diagnostic Readers
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market, by Technology
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay detection technology (ELISA)
- Chemiluminescent immunoassay technology (CLIA)
- Fluorescent immunoassay detection technology (FIA)
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market, by Application
- Infectious Diseases
- Fertility Testing
- Drugs of Abuse
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Diagnostics laboratories
- Academic and research institutes
Global Rapid Diagnostics Test Readers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.