Railway Wiring Harness: Introduction
- Railway wiring harness is a combination of wires or electric cables utilized in trains, motors/locomotive engines, and bogies for several end-use applications. The wiring harness is built with at least two electrical end-devices.
- Increase in adoption of electronic systems in railways, such as high quality lights, screens, sound systems, HVAC, and internet (LAN) are major factors fueling the use of wiring harness in railways
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Railway Wiring Harness Market
- Railway wiring harness is gathered and organized as one assembly and is designed to absorb shocks or vibrations
- Railway wiring harness are used in trains where wear and tear takes place, owing to the presence of sharp or unpleasant surfaces or edges
- Demand for continuous monitoring of trains has led to a majority of systems being electronically operated and integrated with the Internet for real-time data and information. Investments by OEMs to upgrade technologies is also a key factor fueling the adoption of railway wiring harness.
- Countries, such as India, Japan, and China are developing new technologies for trains to reduce the duration of the journey and make them safer. The top speeds in trains is rising consistently, owing to rapid development in technology that enhance the speed of the trains. Demand for heavy equipment and systems in fast trains is driving the global railway wiring harness market due to rapid response and secure data transfer.
- Regular maintenance and services of railway wiring harness are required in order to ensure its efficient operation. This, however, poses as a major restraint for the railway wiring harness market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Low Voltage Railway Wiring Harness to Witness High Demand
- Based on voltage, the global railway wiring harness market can be split into high, medium, and low
- The low voltage segment is anticipated to expand at a significant rate, due to inclusion of comfort related systems such as mobile charging ports, music systems, Wi-Fi devices, and other such applications
High-Speed Rail/Bullet Train has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of train type, the global railway wiring harness market can be divided into high-speed rail/bullet train, light rail, and metro/monorail
- Among train types, the high-speed rail/bullet train segment is projected to witness significant growth. These are advanced railway train types that operate faster than other trains. They use an integrated system of specialized rolling stock and dedicated tracks to achieve high speed.
- Accuracy and capability to cover large geographic areas in a short time are likely to augment the growth of the high-speed rail/bullet train segment, thus boosting the railway wiring harness market expansion
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Railway Wiring Harness Market
- In terms of region, the global railway wiring harness market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global railway wiring harness market. High adoption rate of railway transportation for commutation in the region supplemented with growing population and its transportation demand, especially for long-distance trips, are major factors that are anticipated to boost the demand for trains, thereby driving the railway wiring harness market in the region in the near future.
- In Asia Pacific, China, Japan, India, and South Korea have maximum number of locomotives, which is another key factor that is expected to drive this market in Asia Pacific
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive railway wiring harness market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global railway wiring harness market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Rockford Components Ltd.
- Allied Connectors
- adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Nexans S.A.
- Leoni AG
- Prysmian Group
- Siechem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- KAYNES TECHNOLOGY
- Promark Electronics Inc.
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market: Research Scope
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Application
- Brake Harness
- Engine Harness
- HVAC Harness
- Infotainment Harness
- Lighting Harness
- Traction System Harness
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Component
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Material
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Length
- Less than 5 Feet
- 5 Feet – 10 Feet
- 10 Feet – 20 Feet
- More than 20 Feet
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Cable Type
- Jumper Cable
- Power Cable
- Transmission Cable
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Voltage
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Train Type
- High-speed Rail/Bullet Train
- Light Rail
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.