Railway Wiring Harness Market: Introduction
- Railway wiring harness is a combination of wires or electric cables utilized in trains, motors/locomotive engines, and bogies for several end-use applications. The wiring harness is built with at least two electrical end-devices.
- Increase in adoption of electronic systems in railways, such as high quality lights, screens, sound systems, HVAC, and internet (LAN) are major factors fueling the use of wiring harness in railways
Key Drivers of Railway Wiring Harness Market
- Railway wiring harness is gathered and organized as one assembly and is designed to absorb shocks or vibrations. Railway wiring harness are used in trains where wear and tear takes place, owing to the presence of sharp or unpleasant surfaces or edges. Demand for continuous monitoring of trains has led to a majority of systems being electronically operated and integrated with the Internet for real-time data and information. Investments by OEMs to upgrade technologies is also a key factor fueling the adoption of railway wiring harness.
- Countries, such as India, Japan, and China are developing new technologies for trains to reduce the duration of the journey and make them safer. The top speeds in trains are rising consistently, owing to rapid development in technology that enhance the speed of trains. Demand for heavy equipment and systems in fast trains is driving the global railway wiring harness market due to rapid response and secure data transfer.
- Rapid urbanization and continuous economic growth worldwide are key factors leading to increased investment activities in the rail and transit sector to improve the quality of public transport. Governments across Asia Pacific such as China, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand, are carrying out new rail projects to upgrade and expand existing rail infrastructures to improve overall rail connectivity.
- Adoption of high-speed rail (HSR) transport is increasing heavily since the ridership in the HSR-operated countries is increasing to experience enhanced transporting modes. According to the International Union of Railways (UIC), the global HSR line is estimated to increase at a rapid pace and is expected to reach to more than 41,000 km by 2025. For instance, China is constructing a high-speed rail network with a distance of 420 km between Nanchang and Guangzhou opened in 2019. These rail projects increase the requirement of wiring used in the manufacturing of locomotives and coaches, which is expected to directly drive the market for railway wiring harness.
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Corona Impact
- The global lockdown and enforced shutdown of the production facilities as mandated by governments worldwide in 2020 had resulted in the decline in demand, supply chain bottlenecks, and to protect the safety of their employees in France, Germany, Italy, the U.S., and Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Transportation activities were suspended during the coronavirus pandemic in 2020, as people were not allowed to roam outside. Therefore, the demand for passenger rail vehicles declined in 2020, which further hampered the railway wiring harness market.
- Additionally, budget allocations for R&D are expected to be significantly affected, which is expected to hamper the development of innovative rail development
- Demand for railway wiring harness is largely proportional to government budgets along with the demand from rail operators. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic witnessed a major decline in production as well as sales of rail vehicles in 2020. This decline had a significant negative impact on the railway wiring harness market in 2020.
Asia Pacific to account for prominent share of global railway wiring harness market
- In terms of region, the global railway wiring harness market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global railway wiring harness market. High rate of adoption of railway transportation for commutation in the region supplemented with growing population and its transportation demand, especially for long-distance trips, are major factors that are anticipated to boost the demand for trains and consequently, propel the railway wiring harness market in the region in the near future
- In Asia Pacific, China, Japan, India, and South Korea have maximum number of locomotives, which is another key factor that is expected to drive this market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Railway Wiring Harness Market
The global railway wiring harness market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global railway wiring harness market are:
- adaptronic Prüftechnik GmbH
- Allied Connectors
- Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- KAYNES TECHNOLOGY
- Leoni AG
- Nexans S.A.
- Promark Electronics Inc.
- Prysmian Group
- Rockford Components Ltd.
- Siechem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market: Research Scope
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Train Type
- High-speed Rail/Bullet Train
- Light Rail
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Material
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Cable Type
- Jumper Cable
- Power Cable
- Transmission Cable
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Component
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Voltage
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Length
- Less than 5 Feet
- 5 Feet – 10 Feet
- 10 Feet – 20 Feet
- More than 20 Feet
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Application
- Brake Harness
- Engine Harness
- HVAC Harness
- Infotainment Harness
- Lighting Harness
- Traction System Harness
Global Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.