Radio Streaming Services Market - Introduction
- Radio streaming services are radio hosting services that enable radio through a server, and listeners can tune in and listen to the radio on the internet.
- A radio server comprises the radio server software and the hardware located in the server or data center. The data center requires expertise connection to specialized high-speed networks, and the hosting provider has to pay to maintain them.
- When a listener tunes to the radio via radio streaming service, the information has to pass from server to the streaming provider, then through some other networks, via several internet exchange points.
- Web radio is hosted on servers which can then be accessed by listeners irrespective of time or location; this is the biggest advantage of radio streaming services.
- Radio streaming services are gaining popularity as radio stations are limited to a specific region or country. Users can listen to a radio of any country or region with the help of stream hosting service.
Advance features for management and operations drives the radio streaming services market
- Radio streaming services have a management console which helps to manage the three service types: Shoutcast, Icecast, and Streamcast as per requirement.
- Some radio streaming services also provide in-house stream management consoles.
- The servers and the sites are secured with SSL in order to protect it from any intrusion.
- Auto DJ mode is also supported by the radio streaming service by enabling auto DJ servers.
- Auto DJ is a program installed on a server that enables uploading of music autonomously.
High latency issues might restrain the radio streaming services market
- Latency represents the time taken for a request to get transferred to the server and information back.
- If radio streaming service from Europe is streamed by a user in North America, packets of information have to travel to and from the user’s location to the server location.
- It might take extra time for packets to make a round trip to Europe compared to streaming from a radio server located in North America.
- High latency causes buffering in a radio stream. When the radio player buffers, it stops playing music, as it waits to receive enough audio to resume playback.
- This is expected to cause hindrance in the growth of the radio streaming services market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Regional overview of the global radio streaming services market
- Radio streaming services can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Broadcasting of the radio on servers enables the use of cloud which in turn increases the adoption of radio streaming services in all the regions.
- However, North America and Asia Pacific are expected to have a considerably high share of the market due to the popularity of radio and more radio channels, thus having a favorable impact on the radio streaming services market in these regions.
Global Radio Streaming Services Market - Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Radio Streaming Services Market
- Sirius XM Radio Inc.
- IHeartMedia Inc.
- Entercom Communications Corp.
- Cumulus Media Inc.
Global Radio Streaming Services Market: Research Scope
Global Radio Streaming Services Market, by Service Type
Global Radio Streaming Services Market, by Component
Global Radio Streaming Services Market, by Radio Type
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Pre-shave Products Market, Request for a Sample
Global Radio Streaming Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.