Global Quinoa Seed Market: Overview
Quinoa seed are edible seeds and belongs to goosefoot genus species. The quinoa seeds contains proteins and vitamins such as B6, B1, folic acid, iron, magnesium and phosphorus to be major ones. It also contains essential amino acids necessary for cell growth. The quinoa seeds are mostly covered with saponin which is bitter in tastes and thus protects it from insects and birds. With new advanced techniques in agro industries, these coatings can be removed in order to make quinoa seed ready to eat type. Mostly quinoa seeds are consumed as breakfast cereal. Also, quinoa seeds are used as thickener for soups, stews etc. The consumption of quinoa seed is increasing beyond countries such as Bolivia and Peru. For instance, in 2014, Wageningen University & Research conducted project titled “Salt tolerant Quinoa for food in Vietnam, China, and Chile” and was honoured with award of securing water for food programme. Thus, in parts of the countries with saline soils would be able to cultivate quinoa seeds with high yield. The global quinoa seed market is expected to expand at double CAGR growth during the forecast period.
Global Quinoa Seed Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global quinoa seed market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for high nutritional value food. High content of nutritional content and also gluten free property drives the global quinoa seed market. Also, quinoa seed is a great substitute for rice grains as they contains less starch. The increasing consumers with demand for rice substitute drives the global quinoa seed market. Besides, quinoa seed can be grown in saline soils which further fuels the quinoa seeds growers. Besides, high yield of quinoa seeds with low production costs boots the global quinoa seeds market.
Global Quinoa Seed Market: Segmentation
On the basis of quinoa seed variety, quinoa seed market is segmented into:-
- Red quinoa seeds
- Black quinoa seeds
- Whole grain white quinoa seeds
On the basis of quinoa seed type, quinoa seed market is segmented into:-
Global Quinoa Seed Market: Region wise Outlook
The global quinoa seed market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). South America holds major share in the of quinoa seed market in terms of production with Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador to be important production countries. Also, North America is projected to exhibit increased demand during the forecast period. Followed by North America is Europe and APAEJ. In Europe, The Dutch Quinoa Group B.V. a Netherlands based company engaged in processing and marketing of quinoa has wide spread presence across Europe. The global quinoa market is expected to grow at a relatively high CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Quinoa Seed Market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in the global quinoa seed market includes:
- Sociedad Industrial Molinera
- Quinoa Foods Company
- The British Quinoa Company
- Comrural XXI S.R.L.
- Northern Quinoa Production Corporation
- Ancient Harvest
- Andean Naturals Inc
- Andean Valley S.A.
- Irupana Andean Organic Foods
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.