COVID-19 Impact on Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak has hindered the demand for quaternary ammonium chloride in several applications. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for quaternary ammonium chloride.
- One of the major end-use industries of the quaternary ammonium chloride market is consumer industry. Personal care and household industries are also major end-users of ammonium chloride. These industries were majorly hit due to COVID-19 lockdowns. This created a gap in the supply and demand for quaternary ammonium chloride, thereby restricting its demand.
- The COVID-19 outbreak directly affected the production and demand for quaternary ammonium chloride. Key players operating in the market are located in Asia Pacific and U.S. These regions accounted for large numbers of COVID-19 Infections, leading to long lockdowns. This hampered the supply of quaternary ammonium chloride polymers, thus negatively affecting the market.
Key Drivers of Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market
- The World Health Organization has dictated the control of antimicrobial resistance, requiring a priority for national governments and health systems, as the people are getting ill and dying of infections caused by antimicrobial-resistant microorganisms. Now, conventional antimicrobial agents are being switched with antimicrobial polymeric materials such as quaternary ammonium chloride, which provides a valid approach in addressing health problems by promoting antimicrobial efficacy and reducing residual toxicity.
- Quaternary ammonium chloride is also used in microfiber wipes, cotton towels, and disposal wipes, as is effective in killing pathogens. It is also commonly used for surface disinfection.
Restraints of Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market
- Quaternary ammonium chloride causes damage to the aquatic environment and potentially to soil, as quaternary ammonium chloride is commonly used in disinfectants, which are ultimately washed away in drains and finally to the water systems polluting them. Because of their biocidal properties, disinfectant quats are heavily regulated for human and environmental safety around the world.
- Quaternary ammonium chloride is irritating/corrosive to skin at high concentrations and is acutely toxic via oral, dermal, and inhalation exposure routes
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride market
- In terms of region, the global quaternary ammonium chloride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2020. Asia Pacific is likely to be a prominent market for quaternary ammonium chloride in the near future due to the increase in demand for antimicrobial liquids in the region.
- North America is also a key region of the global quaternary ammonium chloride market. Ammonium chloride is majorly manufactured in the U.S., which contributes to major share of total consumption in North America.
Competitive Landscape of Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride market
There is not much competition in the quaternary ammonium chloride market, as very few companies operate in the market. Key players are based in the U.S., Asia Pacific, and Japan; and all the production is based out of these countries. Key players are as follows:
- SACHEM, Inc
- Novo Nordisk Pharmatech
- Tatva Chintan
- Taiyuan Sinolight
- Tinci Materials
Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride market: Research Scope
Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market, by Product Type
- Dodecyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride
- Dodecyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride
Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market, by End-use Industry
- Fine Chemicals
Global Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Quaternary Ammonium Chloride Market Introduction
- Quaternary ammonium chloride is a positively charged polyatomic ion. It is an organic salt classified as a quaternary ammonium compound. Depending on purity, quaternary ammonium chloride ranges from colorless to pale yellow. It is readily soluble in ethanol and acetone.
- Quaternary ammonium chloride also possesses surfactant properties, which make it useful in several tropical formulations for ocular, skin, or nasal applications. Quaternary ammonium chloride is used in consumer applications including antimicrobials, fabric softeners, and hair conditioners.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.