Quartz Glass Market
Quartz Glass Market (Product: Natural Quartz [Clear Rings & Plates, Opaque Rings & Plates, and Quartz Rods & Tubes] and Synthetic Quartz [Rings & Plates and Rods & Tubes]; and Application: Photovoltaic, Semiconductor, Optical Fiber, Water Purification, Lighting, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Quartz Glass May Replace Conventional Storage Systems
Quartz glass is increasingly being used in an array of applications, including water purification, lighting, production of semiconductors, optical fiber, and photovoltaic. The growing popularity of quartz glass can be primarily attributed to its unique optical properties, exceptional light transmission, and the minimal level of impurities. In addition, the demand for quartz glass continues to gain traction due to its high resistance to radiation and heat. While both natural as well as synthetic quartz glass offers a range of benefits, over the past few years, the demand for synthetic quartz glass has outpaced that of natural quartz glass and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Players operating in the current quartz glass market landscape are increasingly investing in new production technologies to improve the quality of their products and strengthen their foothold in the market. At present, quartz glass is increasingly being used in an array of applications in different types of microlithography equipment – ranging from that used in semiconductor manufacturing and in exposure equipment used for printed circuit board processes. In addition, favorable electrical properties of quartz glass make it an ideal material choice for players operating in the semiconductor sector. At the back of these factors, along with the growing adoption of quartz glass in the electronics space, the global quartz glass market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2030.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Adoption of Quartz Glass in Long-term Storage Solutions to Propel Quartz Glass Market Growth
Innovations and entry of new technologies are playing a key role in influencing the growth of the quartz glass market. The soaring interest in quartz glass from tech companies is likely to provide abundant opportunities for quartz glass manufacturers in the upcoming years. For instance, the collaboration between Warner Bros and Microsoft made headlines when both companies managed to store and retrieve a ‘Superman’ movie on quartz glass that was nearly the size of a beverage coaster. The first of its kind state-of-the-art concept test of the Microsoft Research project offers tremendous promise in long-term storage and is likely to generate significant demand for quartz glass in the upcoming years. Tech companies, such as Microsoft continue to invest in research activities that leverage advancements in ultrafast laser optics and artificial intelligence for data storage in quartz glass.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Moreover, the interest in quartz glass continues to move in the upward trajectory, owing to exceptional durability in hostile environments and temperatures. Due to the strides taken by quartz glass-based storage solutions, the developers of conventional storage infrastructure are expected to focus on the design of their products, particularly for cloud applications. Quartz glass storage could gradually replace conventional storage systems, owing to a range of other benefits, as no air-conditioned data centers are required due to which, the overall cost of creating physical archives for cold data decreases substantially.
Quartz Glass Likely to be Preferred Over Polymers in Future Industrial Applications
The last decade has witnessed considerable investments in the development of new technologies and innovative concepts across the quartz glass market. Most recently, the entry of relatively new technology is garnering considerable attention across the industrial sector. The new technology offers immense promise in the production of high-quality glass materials that could soon replace polymers in an array of industrial applications. The new technology, Glassomer, is likely to gain considerable adoption in photonic, medical, optical, and industrial applications. The groundbreaking breakthrough in material processing is likely to make it easier to access to quartz glass components for fabrication technologies that require a high-throughput.
Demand for Quartz Glass to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The advent of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to stall the growth of the global quartz glass market particularly in 2020. As governments continue to impose stringent lockdown guidelines to contain the transmission of the novel COVID-19 infection, the demand for quartz glass across the industrial sector has declined considerably in the first half of 2020. In addition, due to the initial lockdown in China, the supply of raw materials required to produce quartz glass took a massive hit due to which, the global production of quartz glass was affected. Trade restrictions, along with restrictions on domestic and international transportation are some of the other factors that are likely to impact the expansion of the quartz glass market during the COVID-19 event.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Quartz Glass Market , ask for a customized report
The global quartz glass market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by the growing adoption of quartz glass for use in optical, medical, photonics, and industrial applications. In addition, research and development activities are likely to pave the way for innovative technologies and concepts to enter the quartz glass market. Advancements in material processing and entry of new glass materials are estimated to play a key role in replacing polymers in an array of industrial applications. The electronic space is projected to provide considerable opportunities for market players operating in the current quartz glass market during the forecast period.
Quartz Glass Market: Overview
- Quartz glass is used in a wide range of applications such as windows, lenses, mirror substrates, crucibles, trays and boats, UV transmitting optics, IR transmitting optics, and metrology components
- Quartz glass possesses low thermal expansion, significant chemical resistance, and strong optical transmission properties. Based on product, the global quartz glass market has been bifurcated into natural quartz (produced by melting natural quartz crystals with SiO2 content of 99.9%) and synthetic quartz.
- The global quartz glass market is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to increase in demand for quartz glass in applications such as solar systems, semiconductor, optical fibers, and lighting
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global quartz glass market in 2019. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. North America and Latin America are other key regions of the global quartz glass market.
Key Growth Drivers of Quartz Glass Market
- Increase in demand for quartz glass for usage in semiconductor applications offers significant opportunities to the global quartz glass market
- Rise in need for network bandwidth and increase in Internet penetration across the globe are fueling the demand for fiber optics. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for quartz glass for optical fiber applications.
- Photovoltaic cells are generally manufactured from quartz glass. Natural or synthetic glass quartz is used in surfaces of photovoltaic cells and its manufacturing process. Quartz glass plays an important role in the production of semiconductors owing to its stability, chemical purity, transmissivity to light, and heat resistance.
Major Challenges for Quartz Glass Market
- Quartz crystals ore or high purity quartz are used as raw materials for the production of quartz glass. These materials are melted at high temperature and further cooled down to produce quartz glass in the form of rings, plates, rods, and tubes.
- Limited availability of quartz ore mines is a prominent factor that negatively impacts the quartz glass market. Currently, just two notable mines (Spruce Pine, North Carolina, the U.S; and Kyshtym, Russia) across the globe account for more than 95% of the total quartz ore production.
Lucrative Opportunities for Quartz Glass Market
- Innovation in the field of production as well as processing techniques of quartz glass is expected to create lucrative opportunities for quartz glass manufacturers
- Increase in production capacities for quartz glass is anticipated to boost the market share of manufacturers in the global market
Asia Pacific to Dominate Quartz Glass Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global quartz glass market in 2019, owing to advancements in technology and growth of various end-use industries in the region. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. In terms of market share, North America follows Asia Pacific in the global quartz glass market.
- Increase in government initiatives to promote the usage of solar energy and green technologies is fueling the quartz glass market in Asia Pacific. Rise in R&D investments and focus by large-sized companies on improving the efficiency of photovoltaic cells are factors fueling the market in the region.
- Presence of well-established automotive and electronics industries in Europe is projected to fuel the quartz glass market in the region during the forecast period
Synthetic Quartz Glass Accounts for Prominent Share of Quartz Glass Market
- In terms of volume, the synthetic quartz glass segment accounted for significant share of the global quartz glass market in 2019. Quartz glass with more concentration of silicon dioxide is used in the manufacture of glass for semiconductor applications.
- Natural quartz is an important mineral used to produce quartz glass with applications in industries such as semiconductor, high-temperature lamp tubing, telecommunications & optics, microelectronics, and solar silicon
Semiconductor Holds Key Share of Quartz Glass Market
- In terms of volume, the semiconductor segment dominated the global quartz glass market in 2019. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. The semiconductor industry places stringent regulations on quartz purity. Hence, it requires quartz glass of high quality.
- Photovoltaic is another lucrative segment of the market. Quartz glass is used to manufacture monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar cells. Governments of countries across the globe are encouraging the usage of solar energy and installation of new solar power plants.
Market Players Engage in R&D Activities and Expansion of Production Capacities
- Key players operating in the global quartz glass market include
- Heraeus Holding
- Tosoh Quartz Co., Ltd.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Squall International BV
- MARUWA Co., Ltd.
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- These companies are investing significantly in research and development activities and expansion of production capacities for quartz glass.
Quartz Glass Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global quartz glass market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for future growth of the global quartz glass market, to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global quartz glass market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global quartz glass market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global quartz glass market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global quartz glass market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global quartz glass market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global quartz glass market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Quartz Glass Market
The report provides detailed information about the global quartz glass market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global quartz glass market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product and application segments of the global quartz glass market would emerge as major revenue generators during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues out of advantages of quartz glass?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global quartz glass market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global quartz glass market?
- Which application segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global quartz glass market during the forecast period?
- Which are leading companies operating in the global quartz glass market?
Research Methodology – Quartz Glass Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global quartz glass market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global quartz glass market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on the data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global quartz glass market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global quartz glass market.
Quartz Glass Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global quartz glass market in terms of product, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global quartz glass market.
Others (including Automotive and Communication)
Middle East & Africa