Quartz Glass Market: Introduction
- Quartz glass is primarily used in the manufacture and assembly of semiconductor products. It possess excellent design tensile strength, thermal conductivity, co-efficient of linear expansion, design compressive strength, dielectric strength, and dielectric constant, which fuels the used of quartz glass in several specialized applications. Different types of quartz glass utilized for semiconductor applications include natural quartz glass and synthetic quartz glass.
- Synthetic quartz ceramics offer exceptional thermal shock-resistance owing to extreme purity and extremely low thermal expansion. Moreover, unique properties offered by quartz glass and thermal stability enables manufacturers of thermal processing, critical semiconductor fabrication, and optical glass to use quartz glass in the product manufacturing process.
- Synthetic quartz glass is highly pure, and contains metal impurities below one-tenth of normal or ordinary quartz glass. However, glass is extremely homogenous and has few bubbles or striae and hence, offers excellent UV transmittance. Thus, it is extensively used as a substrate for photomasks in the manufacture of large-sized liquid crystal displays (LCDs).
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Quartz Glass Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Quartz Glass Market
- Increasing adoption of technologically advanced products as well as demand for cleaner energy among consumers is a major factor that is expected to drive the global quartz glass market during the forecast period
- Moreover, increasing initiatives to establish production facilities and increase in government regulations in order to shift from the thermal energy to solar energy are other factors that are expected to boost the demand for quartz glass in the photovoltaic industry in the near future.
- Semiconductor product manufacturing industry is a major consumers of quartz glass, and it is projected to remain a prominent consumer during the forecast period. This is attributed to various unique and excellent properties offered by quartz glass in the semiconductor industry. Furthermore, increasing incorporation of semiconductor devices, owing to shift toward miniaturization, is driving the need for glass quartz that possesses high level of purity and precision. This is an additional factor that is expected to boost the demand for quartz glass products, which in turn expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for quartz glass from the lighting industry owing to its excellent heat-resistance property, is another factor that is estimated to propel the global quartz glass market
- Increase in demand for quartz glass, which possesses outstanding thermal resistance properties, excellent optical transmission properties, enhanced electrical properties, and offers superior corrosion resistance, is also projected to propel the global quartz glass market during the forecast period. Increasing awareness about various physical, thermal, electrical, mechanical, and chemical properties offered by quartz glass, is another key factor that is estimated to propel the global quartz glass market.
Significant Opportunity in Semiconductor Industry
- Based on product type, the global quartz glass market can be segmented into natural quartz glass and synthetic quartz glass. The natural quartz glass segment is expected to account for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue, owing to an increase in the demand for natural quartz glass products from lighting, semiconductor, and communication industries.
- Based on end-use industry, the global quartz glass market can be divided into lighting industry, semiconductor, communication, photovoltaic, and other (optical glass, etc.)
- The semiconductor segment is estimated to hold a significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, owing to various unique features offered by quartz glass such as high purity and superior quality. In semiconductors, quartz glass is used to manufacture tubes, windows, wafer base, silicon metal, rods, and crucibles. Quartz is also employed in the manufacture of various semi-finished products in semiconductor industry, which incorporate low-thermal conductivity, compressive strength, high purity, high-thermal shock resistivity, and excellent elasticity.
Asia Pacific to be Key Market for Quartz Glass
- In terms of region, the global quartz glass market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global quartz glass market during the forecast period. Rising demand for quartz glass from India and China is projected to rise due to the consistent expansion witnessed by the semiconductor industry in these countries. Furthermore, demand for electronic products is increasing in countries in Asia Pacific, owing to an increase in disposable income of the population and changing preference of consumers for advanced electronics products including smartphones, tablets, and OLED TVs.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Quartz Glass Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Quartz Glass Market
- The global quartz glass market was fragmented in 2018. However, expansion of electronics and semiconductor industries across the globe is another key factor expected to drive growth of the global market during the forecast period
- Key players in the market are engaged in significant research and development activities in order to enhance their product portfolio
Key manufacturers operating in the global Quartz Glass Market include:
- CoorsTek KK
- Heraeus Holding GmbH
- Hubei Feilihua Quartz Glass Co. Ltd.
- MARUWA Co., Ltd.
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Squall International B.V.
- Tosoh Corporation (Tosoh Quartz Corporation)
- RAESCH Quarz (Germany) GmbH
- QSIL Netherlands B. V.
- Jiangsu Pacific Quartz Co., Ltd
- Fudong Lighting LLC
- Dongxin Quartz Products Limited Company
Global Quartz Glass Market: Research Scope
Global Quartz Glass Market, by Product Type
- Natural Quartz Glass
- Synthetic Quartz Glass
Global Quartz Glass Market, by End-user
- Other (optical glass, etc.)
Global Quartz Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.