Quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) are a set of processes often used to measure and assure the quality of software. These two processes are implemented throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) to ensure that the final product meets the requirements and/or fulfills the implied needs of end-users and customers. QA primarily comprises testing the functionality, reliability, portability, usability, maintainability, and efficiency of a software product. The QC process is implemented to make sure the final product or service adheres to the defined set of quality criteria. Several companies offer a wide range of QA and QC systems, tools, and services in order to enhance efficiency and quality of software throughout SDLC. These QA and QC systems provide multiple features, some of these features include web-based and centralized platform, tracking and auditing of documents, and software testing. Additionally, companies are offering QA and QC services to the customers in order to implement QA and software testing strategies to enhance the overall software development process along with increased customer satisfaction. Some of these software testing strategies include risk-based testing, performance testing, installation & configuration, and software security testing.
Increase in emphasis on software quality and customer satisfaction by enterprises of all sizes across the world is likely to drive the global quality assurance and quality control market during the forecast period. Moreover, rise in policies and regulations such as ISO and international standards implemented by governmental bodies on software development, data privacy, and access to information is anticipated to propel the global market. Furthermore, companies are focusing on advanced, enhanced, and efficient risk management and high return on investment (ROI), which increases adoption of QA and QC systems. Rapid advancements in software development processes have induced companies to offer advanced and integration capable solutions. This is expected to boost the adoption of QA and QC systems among enterprises. However, limited use of QA and QC systems in SDLC is likely to hamper the market. Moreover, technical issues and software bugs associated with QA and QC systems, tools, and services are anticipated to restrain the quality assurance and quality control market. Increase in micro and small enterprises across the world, especially in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa, is projected to offer lucrative opportunities in the quality assurance and quality control market during the forecast period.
The global quality assurance and quality control market can be segmented based on component, deployment, enterprise size, and region. In terms of component, the quality assurance and quality control market can be categorized into services and platform/tools. The services segment can be bifurcated into professional services (quality assessment & advisory services, managed quality services, and others) and outsourced services. The platform/tools segment can be classified into test management tools, functional testing tools, performance testing tools, and others (integration testing tool, compatibility testing tool, etc.). Functional testing tools can be classified into API testing tools, unit testing tools, multi-browser testing tools, and multi-device testing tools. Based on deployment, the global quality assurance and quality control market can be divided into cloud-based and on-premise. The cloud-based segment can be bifurcated into public cloud and private cloud. In terms of enterprise size, the quality assurance and quality control market can be classified into micro and small enterprises, medium enterprises, and large enterprises. In terms of region, the global quality assurance and quality control market can be segmented into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are anticipated dominate the global quality assurance and quality control market during the forecast period. This is attributed to the presence of a large number of enterprises in these regions. The quality assurance and quality control market in Asia Pacific is likely to witness strong growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in penetration and adoption of QA and QC services in software development procedures.
Major players in the global quality assurance and quality control market are AltexSoft, Amdocs, CA Technologies, Capgemini S.A., Code Dx, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions, GleeTech, GlowTouch Technologies, Gurock Software GmbH, HCL Technologies Ltd., Hexaware Technologies, IBM Corporation, iLAB, Infosys Ltd., MasterControl, Inc., NICE Ltd., QMetry, Inc., Ranorex GmbH, SmartBear, Inc., Tieto Corporation, Tricentis GmbH, and Wipro Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.