Quadruped Robot: Introduction
- Quadruped robot is a rough-terrain robot that has four legs or limbs and follows the gait pattern of a quadruped animal. These robots have three DOF (degree of freedom) legs for ease in walking any direction
- Quadruped robots have extreme mobility as they can easily move up and down stairs, climb over obstacles, steps, and gaps, and crawl into tight spaces with the help of sensors to scan the terrain
- A quadruped robot is enabled with an onboard battery, owing to which it can operate continuously for 2 to 4 hours, depending upon the activity
- Additionally, quadruped robots are equipped with perception sensors that ensures safe operation
- Quadruped robots are used in military, rescue, telemedicine, and industrial applications
Rise in Demand for Quadruped Robots for Use in Defense Industry
- Quadruped robots are largely used in the defense industry to identify target locations accurately in adverse conditions
- Quadruped robots can be controlled and operated via Bluetooth or wireless remote control with advances in technology
- Moreover, these robots are equipped with cameras, sensors, and GPS trackers to provide accurate position information even in hazardous environments
- Thus, increasing focus on adopting quadruped robots in the defense industry is expected to bolster the growth of the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing use of Quadruped Robots in Research Field Fueling the Global Quadruped Robot Market
- Quadruped robots are largely used in offshore sites for inspection to detect leakage of oil & gas
- Quadruped robots are equipped with visual and thermal cameras, microphones, and gas detection sensors that allows the robot to generate a 3D map of its surroundings to carry out inspection efficiently
- Selection of various shapes of quadruped robots takes place based on application, as sometimes it is difficult to detect the gas leakage in tight spaces
- As a result of these factors, demand for quadruped robots for inspection applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global quadruped robot market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead the Quadruped Robot Market
- In terms of region, the global quadruped robot market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global quadruped robot market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of quadruped robots operate in the region
- Additionally, U.S. manufacturers are increasingly focusing on development of new technologies which is expected to boost the quadruped robot market in the region during the forecast period
- The quadruped robot market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Quadruped Robot Market
The global quadruped robot market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for quadruped robots. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global quadruped robot market include:
- Boston Dynamics
- KNR Systems Inc.
- Moog Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Quadruped Robot Market, Request for a Sample
Global Quadruped Robot Market: Research Scope
Global Quadruped Robot Market, by Type
- Spider Shape
- Dog Shape
Global Quadruped Robot Market, by Channel
- Direct Sales
Global Quadruped Robot Market, by End-use
Global Quadruped Robot Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.