Quad canes are used by people with disability or those who require assistance while walking. The main difference between a standard cane and quad cane is that the quad cane has four legs or extension at its base or lower end. These legs are fitted with rubber caps to reduce slippage. Furthermore, the height of a quad cane can be altered, which makes handling easier. Quad canes is a highly lucrative product compare to standard canes as these offer better stability on the floor than others for the aged people or people who are unable to move. Europe and North America dominated the quad canes market due to rising geriatric population with disabilities. This number is expected to rise in the near future, which in turn is estimated to further boost the quad canes market in North America and Europe.
Quad Canes Market – Competitive Landscape
Several regional and global companies operate in the quad canes market. Leading market players are focusing on further innovation in their products and business expansion in order to consolidate their market share.
- In June 2019, Medline Industries, Inc. acquired NAMIC, a brand of fluid management systems from AngioDynamics. This acquisition enabled the company to expand its portfolio and customer base.
- Rise in number of local players operating in the global quad canes market is expected to hamper the market growth. Local products are inexpensive as compared to premium products and also has less quality, which is likely to hamper the sales of premium products. However, focusing on product innovation and quality may reduce this effect.
Major players in the quad canes market are making considerable investment in R&D facilities in order to expand their product portfolios and to cater to the rising demand for quad canes.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries, Inc. was founded in 1966 in Northfield, Illinois, U.S. Medline Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of medical and surgical products and it wide distribution network all across the globe in 20 different countries. The company has more than 18,000 employees and has presence in more than 90 countries, worldwide.
NOVA Medical Products
NOVA Medical Products was established in 1993 and is prominent manufacturer of mobility, bathroom safety, and other independent living products such as rolling walkers, designer canes, wheelchairs, transport chairs, bath safety, cushions, and mobility accessories. The company’s headquarter and distribution center is in California, U.S.
GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC.
GF Health Products, Inc. was founded in 1946 and is presently based in Georgia, U.S. The company manufactures and distributes about 50,000 products that are primarily used in hospitals, clinics, and extended care facilities and for people being cared for in homes. It sells products under several brands such as Everest & Jennings, Lumex, Patient Aids and Healthcare Seating, and Lumiscope. GF Health Products operates through manufacturing facilities located at Doraville, Warwick, and Fond-du-Lac in the U.S.
Several international and domestic players operating in the quad canes market. These include Ez2care, Hugo Mobility, Royal Canes, VIVE, Cardinal Health, Inc., Invacare Corporation, and Sunrise Medical.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Quad Canes Market – Dynamics
Rise geriatric population and people with moving disorders are expected to boost the global quad canes market
The geriatric population across the globe is rising, especially in developed countries. This a major driver of the quad canes market, which in turn is expected to fuel the demand for quad canes during the forecast period. Additionally, the number of people with disability who require assistance to move is also rising, which is driving the usage of mobility assistive devices, including quad canes.
Expansion of online marketing and selling platforms is anticipated to boost market
Online platforms offer significant opportunity to manufacturers to cater to diverse customers across different regions. Interaction between manufacturers and final consumers is anticipated to rise through new devices and social media in the near future.
Quad Canes Market – Segmentation
Based on product type, the quad canes market can be classified into:
- Large Base Quad Cane
- Small Base Quad Cane
In terms of distribution channel, the quad canes market can be split into:
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.