Global PVDC Barrier Material Market: Overview
The need for improved packaging of perishable goods has played an integral role in the growth of the global PVDC barrier material market. The distinct properties of polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC) have helped in the development of durable packaging materials. Furthermore, the quest of the packaging industry to use high-end materials for wrapping food materials has propelled market demand. The striking changes in the functional dynamics of the packaging industry over the last decade can be attributed to several developments. Primarily, the packaging sector has come under the radar of scrutiny, and government authorities conduct regular inspections to test its operations. Furthermore, changing dynamics of global supply chains have also generated the need for improved packaging of retail items.
A custom report added by Transparency Market Research (TMR) on the global PVDC barrier material market unravels some of the leading demand drivers. The global PVDC barrier material market can be segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. The demand for PVDC barrier material for pharmaceutical packaging has been escalating over the past decade.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the PVDC Barrier Material Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Global PVDC Barrier Material Market: Notable Developments
As the packaging industry encapsulates new dimensions, the PVDC barrier material market is set to witness key developments.
- Tekni-Plex has ventured into the domain of innovative packaging solutions, and is looking to cause disruptions in the industry. The company is set to exhibit its unit dose packaging solutions and cleanroom bags at CPHI InnoPack in Frankfurt. The company’s exhibits are meant to improve the standard of packaging within the pharma and medical industries. This move by Tekni-Plex could play to the advantage of several other players who would partner with the parent company.
- SK Global Chemical is a renowned industry player that has now turned the plug on for acquisitions. The company recently acquired the functional polyolefin business of Arkema. The former aims to consolidate its position in the packaging industry through this acquisition. Arkema is a French manufacturer of advanced materials and specialty chemicals. The global PVDC barrier material market is projected to earn fresh revenues via this acquisition.
Some of the leading vendors operating in the global PVDC barrier material market are:
- Juhua Group Corporation
- Zhe Jiang Keguan Polymer Co., Ltd.
- Innovation Co., Ltd.
- Kureha Corporation
- Solvay S.A.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in PVDC Barrier Material Market, ask for a customized report
Global PVDC Barrier Material Market: Growth Drivers
Advancements in Food and Beverages Industry
The most important application of PVDC barrier material is in food packaging. Apart from being a durable option for packaging, PVDC barriers also play an important role in positioning of food products. Several eatable items such as dry fruits, chocolates, and snacks are wrapped in see-through packets. The use of PVDC barrier materials helps in developing such packs which in turn drives market demand. Moreover, the growing popularity of cosmetic products that need to be marketed through aesthetic packaging has also aided market growth.
Packaging Standards as an Important Marketing Tactic
There is little contention about the inflow of a substantial amount of revenues within the PVDC barrier material market in the years to follow. Some of the most lucrative industries such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, and personal care have become key consumers of PVDC barrier material. This is a sound parameter to gauge the growth dynamics of the global PVDC barrier material market. Moreover, the need for attractive packaging has overpowered several requirements pertaining to product positioning. This factor is also a key ideate from the perspective of market maturity.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.