PVC Stabilizers: Introduction
- Stabilizers are added to PVC to allow its processing and improve resistance, especially in outdoor applications. Weathering and heat aging play an important role in the physical properties of PVC finished articles.
- Process technology involved, technical requirements of PVC end-products, regulatory requirements, and costs influence the choice of the stabilizer used
- Stabilizers are used for extrusion and injection molding of rigid and plasticized PVC
Types of PVC Stabilizers
- PVC stabilizers are broadly divided into calcium, tin, mixed metal, lead, and organic based on their mode of action on the stabilization of PVC during the degradation process
- Calcium-based stabilizers are largely used in wires and cables, window and technical profiles, and any types of pipes as well as corresponding fittings
- Tin compounds are largely used in the stabilization of PVC. Contrary to North America, where tin systems are largely used for almost all rigid PVC applications, tin compounds in Europe are primarily employed for rigid, transparent applications where rigorous processing conditions require outstanding stabilization.
- Liquid mixed metal stabilizers are used in several PVC flexible applications such as calendared films; extruded profiles; injection molded products, soles, and footwear; extruded hoses and plastisols (flooring, wall covering, artificial leather, coated fabrics, and toys)
Application of PVC Stabilizers
- PVC stabilizers are majorly used in wires and cables, window and technical profiles, and any type of pipes such as soil and sewer pipes, foam core pipes, pressure pipes, corrugated pipes, land drainage pipes, and cable ducting
- Tin stabilizers are approved for usage in food contact and potable water applications. Some tin stabilizers are approved for usage in rigid medical applications. Examples of applications where tin stabilizers are widely used are calendared films for pharmaceutical or food packaging, foils such as credit cards, sheets and sidings, extruded pipes and profiles, extruded blown films, injection molding fittings, and other technical articles.
COVID-19 Impact on Global PVC Stabilizers Market
- The global coronavirus outbreak is expected to pose severe challenges to the global PVC stabilizers market. PVC stabilizers are primarily used in the manufacture of pipes & fittings. Therefore, contraction in the building & construction industry is likely to hamper the PVC stabilizers market in the near future. Extension of the lockdown in various countries across the world has led to supply chain disruptions. This, in turn, is anticipated to adversely affect the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global PVC Stabilizers Market
- In terms of region, the global PVC stabilizers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global PVC stabilizers market in 2019. This can be ascribed to growth in the gasoline sector in developing countries such China and India in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the PVC stabilizers market due to the increase in usage of these stabilizers in various applications in the region
- The PVC stabilizers market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global PVC stabilizers market is fragmented, with players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products; and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their position.
Prominent players operating in the global PVC stabilizers market include:
- BASF SE
- Arkema SA
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Kisuma Chemicals
- Adeka Corporation
- Italmatch Chemicals S.p.A.
Global PVC Stabilizers Market: Research Scope
Global PVC Stabilizers Market, by Type
- Mixed Metal
Global PVC Stabilizers Market, by Application
- Pipes & Fittings
- Window Profiles
- Rigid & Semi-rigid Films
- Wires & Cables
- Coatings & Flooring
Global PVC Stabilizers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.