PVC Additives Market: Overview
- Polyvinyl chloride, also known as PVC, is a commonly used thermoplastic owing to its non-reactivity, chemical stability, longevity, and light weight. PVC additives are essential part of plastic manufacturing, as they increase the tensile and texture strength of PVC products. Stabilizers are used in the manufacture of polymers. PVC is employed in the manufacture of products that are soft and long lasting. These special additives enhance shelf life of PVC products. Products under PVC additives include impact modifiers, stabilizers, plasticizers, lubricants, and processing aids. Based on fabrication, they are categorized into injection molding, extrusion, and others.
- PVC is employed in a plethora of fields including agriculture, automotive, construction, gas transportation, consumer grade plastics, electronic equipment, and water containers. Addition of certain compounds to raw materials during the manufacture of PVC offers new properties that are required for application in a particular field.
Rise in Demand for PVC Additives in Textile Industry to Drive Market
- The PVC additives market has been expanding significantly owing to wide application of PVC additives in profiles & tubing, pipes & fittings, rigid panels and sheets, and others. Growth in the market can be ascribed to the high demand for additive-based PVC, replacement of conventional materials with PVC, and increase in usage of stabilizers in pipes & fittings, window profiles, and other related applications.
- Rise in application of PVC additives in manufacture of automotive parts, particularly in the automotive part assembling sector, owing to its excellent fastening properties and high purity is likely to offer immense opportunities to the PVC additives market in the near future
- The global PVC additives market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the shutdown of manufacturing bases owing to the COVID-19 outbreak. Supply shortage has also led to a rise in prices of raw materials. Furthermore, the temporary shutdown of various end-use industries such as automotive manufacturing, footwear, and packaging has adversely impacted the global PVC additives market.
Stabilizers Type Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global PVC additives market can be segmented into stabilizers, impact modifiers, processing aids, plasticizers, lubricants, and others
- The stabilizers segment held significant share of the global PVC additives market in 2019. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a lightweight and strong structure that is resistant to weathering, abrasion, and chemical corrosion. It offers fire resistance. PVC is primarily used in various applications in the building & construction industry such as windows, pipes, roofing, flooring, and lighter structures.
Pipes & Fittings Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the PVC additives market can be divided into pipes & fittings, profiles & tubing, rigid sheet & panel, wires & cables, bottles, and others
- The pipes & fittings segment is expected to dominate the global PVC additives market during the forecast period. Pipes & fittings is a rapidly growing application segment of the global PVC additives market. PVC additives are primarily employed in pipes & fittings, owing to the rising demand for replacement of iron, conventional concrete, and steel-based pipes & fittings with PVC pipes in the construction industry.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global PVC Additives Market
- In terms of region, the global PVC additives market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers in countries such as India and China. Expansion of construction and automotive industries in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to boost the PVC additives market in the region in the near future. North America is also projected to hold key share of the global PVC additives market during the forecast period.
Key Players in PVC Additives Market
- Manufacturers of PVC additives are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace since the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global market are investing in technological advancements and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global PVC additives market include:
- Kaneka Corporation
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Adeka Corporation
- Clariant AG
- PAU Tai Industrial Corporation
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Akdeniz Kimya A.S.
- Shandong Rike Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Global PVC Additives Market: Research Scope
Global PVC Additives Market, by Type
- Impact Modifiers
- Processing Aids
Global PVC Additives Market, by Application
- Pipes & Fittings
- Profiles & Tubing
- Rigid Sheet & Panel
- Wires & Cables
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.