Increasing Demand for Gluten-free Products to Reflect Positively on the Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Pulse ingredients have been gaining grounds globally with the increasing demand for gluten-free vegetarian and vegan diets. Pulse being the significant source of protein is desired in the vegan and vegetarian diet to prevent protein deficiency, assist in stabilizing cholesterol, boost heart health, and promote weight loss. Manufacturers have started incorporating pulse in a variety of food such as bakery products, snack bars, nutritional bars, breakfast cereals, cheese alternatives, meat substitutes, and snacks. As a result, the global pulse ingredients market is anticipated to witness a promising growth in the forthcoming years.
With the rise in the consciousness of health conditions posed by the consumption of gluten such as bloating, abdominal pain, several skin problems, diarrhea, and headaches, there has been a rapid shift in the adoption of pulse ingredients among the gluten-intolerant individuals. This has hard-pressed the manufacturers to develop a broad spectrum of these products, which is expected to boost the growth of the pulse ingredients market.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Novel Developments
Some of the leading players of the pulse ingredients market consist of Ingredion, Roquettes Frères, Emsland Group, The Scoular Company, ADM, AGT Food and Ingredients, Pulse Canada, Griffith, VTT, Avena Foods, Elsevier, and PURIS FOODS. Below are some of the novel developments in the pulse ingredients market:
- Griffith developed a broad spectrum of puff or crispy snacks akin to Cheetos by leveraging pulse ingredients. Such pulse-based crumbs modelled like the Japanese style were created after witnessing the drawback of previous products and improve them in terms of quality and cost. The new crumb was also expected to meet the crispy texture when the consumers prepare it. On top of it, the coatings of the crumbs had to be appealing to the consumers which would aid the adoption of pulse ingredients. As a result, pulse ingredients proved to be nutritious as they are rich in protein and fiber contents and have excellent water absorption quality.
- VTT, a forerunning pulse ingredients company, developed food products prepared out of beans as the key food ingredient and is known as faba beans. Such beans can be used for the production of gluten-free pasta and bread while retaining the nutritional value of the food products with vitamins, dietary fibers, minerals, as well as bioactive compounds.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Dynamics
Chickpea Contributes Massively to the Growing Size of the Pulse Ingredients Market
There has been a notable inclination of consumers towards the adoption of chickpea, on the back of the health benefits it provides which include stabilizing blood sugar level, minimizing heart attack risk, enhancing metabolic rate, and controlling weight gain. Proliferated adoption of chickpea flour in a broad spectrum of applications such as meat, sauces, beverages, confectionery, dairy, and bakery products. Owing to its property to maintain consistency, chickpea flour is added as a thickening ingredient in soups.
Aforementioned factors play a pivotal role in intensifying the growth of the pulse ingredients market and chickpea remains the largest growing segment in the overall market.
Asia Pacific to Remain the Largest Growing Pulse Ingredients Market
The pulse ingredients market is expected to remains most sought after in Asia Pacific on account of the increase in the disposable income and trends of urbanization. This has led to the rapid adoption of pulse ingredients and their products in this region.
In addition to this, the smart consumers of today check the label of the products before making their purchase since they are becoming more conscious of their health. As a result, high-quality products have been in great demand in this region. Furthermore, the trends of urbanization have unlocked the horizon for the innovation in the development of bread. With the consumption of bread in high quantities, the manufacturers have started developing bread by using pulse ingredients.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Segmentation
The global pulse ingredients market has been classified on the basis of source, applications, type, and regions.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Source
Depending on the source, the pulse ingredients market has been segmented into:
Pulse Ingredients Market – Applications
On the basis of the applications, the pulse ingredients market has been fragmented into:
- Food and Beverages
Pulse Ingredients Market – Types
Based on the types, the global pulse ingredients market has been divided into:
- Pulse Flours
- Pulse Starch
- Pulse Proteins
- Pulse Fiber and Grits
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Pulse ingredients market segments and sub-segments
- Pulse ingredients market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand chain of the pulse ingredients market
- Pulse ingredients market valuation (revenue and/or volume)
- Key trends/opportunities/challenges in pulse ingredients market
- Forces defining present and estimated future state of the competitive landscape
- Technological developments in pulse ingredients market
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- Pulse ingredients Market in North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Pulse ingredients Market in Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Pulse ingredients Market in Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Pulse ingredients Market in Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Pulse ingredients Market in Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Pulse ingredients Market in Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A detailed analysis of key segments of the pulse ingredients market
- Recent developments in the pulse ingredients market’s competitive landscape
- Detailed analysis of pulse ingredients market segments up to second or third level of segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected future valuation of the pulse ingredients market in terms of revenue and/or volume
- Key business strategies adopted by influential pulse ingredients market vendors
- Outline of the regulatory framework surrounding and governing numerous aspects of the pulse ingredients market
- Growth opportunities in emerging and established pulse ingredients markets
- Recommendations to pulse ingredients market players to stay ahead of the competition
Note: Immense care has been taken to present data with the highest levels of accuracy in all TMRResearch reports. Nevertheless, recent developments related to market/vendor landscape may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Natural Pulse Ingredients
Pulse Raw Food