Increasing Demand for Gluten-free Products to Reflect Positively on the Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Pulse ingredients have been gaining grounds globally with the increasing demand for gluten-free vegetarian and vegan diets. Pulse being the significant source of protein is desired in the vegan and vegetarian diet to prevent protein deficiency, assist in stabilizing cholesterol, boost heart health, and promote weight loss. Manufacturers have started incorporating pulse in a variety of food such as bakery products, snack bars, nutritional bars, breakfast cereals, cheese alternatives, meat substitutes, and snacks. As a result, the global pulse ingredients market is anticipated to witness a promising growth in the forthcoming years.
With the rise in the consciousness of health conditions posed by the consumption of gluten such as bloating, abdominal pain, several skin problems, diarrhea, and headaches, there has been a rapid shift in the adoption of pulse ingredients among the gluten-intolerant individuals. This has hard-pressed the manufacturers to develop a broad spectrum of these products, which is expected to boost the growth of the pulse ingredients market.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Novel Developments
Some of the leading players of the pulse ingredients market consist of Ingredion, Roquettes Frères, Emsland Group, The Scoular Company, ADM, AGT Food and Ingredients, Pulse Canada, Griffith, VTT, Avena Foods, Elsevier, and PURIS FOODS. Below are some of the novel developments in the pulse ingredients market:
- Griffith developed a broad spectrum of puff or crispy snacks akin to Cheetos by leveraging pulse ingredients. Such pulse-based crumbs modelled like the Japanese style were created after witnessing the drawback of previous products and improve them in terms of quality and cost. The new crumb was also expected to meet the crispy texture when the consumers prepare it. On top of it, the coatings of the crumbs had to be appealing to the consumers which would aid the adoption of pulse ingredients. As a result, pulse ingredients proved to be nutritious as they are rich in protein and fiber contents and have excellent water absorption quality.
- VTT, a forerunning pulse ingredients company, developed food products prepared out of beans as the key food ingredient and is known as faba beans. Such beans can be used for the production of gluten-free pasta and bread while retaining the nutritional value of the food products with vitamins, dietary fibers, minerals, as well as bioactive compounds.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Dynamics
Chickpea Contributes Massively to the Growing Size of the Pulse Ingredients Market
There has been a notable inclination of consumers towards the adoption of chickpea, on the back of the health benefits it provides which include stabilizing blood sugar level, minimizing heart attack risk, enhancing metabolic rate, and controlling weight gain. Proliferated adoption of chickpea flour in a broad spectrum of applications such as meat, sauces, beverages, confectionery, dairy, and bakery products. Owing to its property to maintain consistency, chickpea flour is added as a thickening ingredient in soups.
Aforementioned factors play a pivotal role in intensifying the growth of the pulse ingredients market and chickpea remains the largest growing segment in the overall market.
Asia Pacific to Remain the Largest Growing Pulse Ingredients Market
The pulse ingredients market is expected to remains most sought after in Asia Pacific on account of the increase in the disposable income and trends of urbanization. This has led to the rapid adoption of pulse ingredients and their products in this region.
In addition to this, the smart consumers of today check the label of the products before making their purchase since they are becoming more conscious of their health. As a result, high-quality products have been in great demand in this region. Furthermore, the trends of urbanization have unlocked the horizon for the innovation in the development of bread. With the consumption of bread in high quantities, the manufacturers have started developing bread by using pulse ingredients.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Segmentation
The global pulse ingredients market has been classified on the basis of source, applications, type, and regions.
Pulse Ingredients Market – Source
Depending on the source, the pulse ingredients market has been segmented into:
Pulse Ingredients Market – Applications
On the basis of the applications, the pulse ingredients market has been fragmented into:
- Food and Beverages
Pulse Ingredients Market – Types
Based on the types, the global pulse ingredients market has been divided into:
- Pulse Flours
- Pulse Starch
- Pulse Proteins
- Pulse Fiber and Grits
Natural Pulse Ingredients
Pulse Raw Food
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.