Puffed Grain: Introduction
The snacks industry is one of the major sector of the global food industry. The puffed grain is a pre-cooked RTE (ready-to-eat) material that is used in several specialty foods, snack foods, and as an ingredient base for the development of numerous supplementary food products. Puffing imparts satisfactory desirable aroma, flavor, and taste to the snacks. The puffed grain is prepared by applying high pressure, temperature, and extrusion technology. There are several techniques of puffing being applied in conventional methodologies such as sand, dry heat, salt-treated, gun puffing, hot air popping, hot oil popping as well as microwave heating. Puffed snacks products are very common in India however puffed wheat is not as popular, this is mainly due to the limited manufacturing of puffed wheat, and the other leading reason is the less popularity of puffed wheat snacks in the Indian market. The wheat based-puffed snacks are very popular in the U.S.A. and China. In the United States, it is primarily consumed as a breakfast cereal. Due to these key factors, the market for puffed grain is anticipated to grow in the forecast years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Preference for Healthy Snacking Propelling the Demand for Puffed Grains
The rising concern regarding healthy snacks across the globe is the key factor that is increasing the demand for puffed grains in the snacks industry around the world. The growing obesity and is one of the factors due to which consumers are looking for a healthier snacking option. The puffed grains are produced all across the globe. Puffed grains are enriched with carbohydrates and proteins except for lysine. Puffed grains are 10 times the volume of normal grain and have less in calories as well as fat content and therefore an ideal product for weight watchers. These puffed grains based products easily get absorbed and digested quickly that act as one of the aspects of popularity among the costumers.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Puffed Grains Market: Segmentation
The puffed grains market can be segmented based on nature, product type, application, and sales channel.
Based on nature, the puffed grains market can be segmented as –
Based on product type, the puffed grains market can be segmented as –
- Others (Sorghum, Ragi e.t.c.)
Based on application, the puffed grains market can be segmented as –
- Food Processing Industry
- Breakfast Cereals
- Food Service Providers
Based on sales channel, the puffed grains market can be segmented as –
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retailing
Puffed Grain: Key Players
Some of the key manufacturers of global puffed grain market include General Mills, Inc., Rude Health, Wise Foods Inc, Grain Basket Foods, Nurture Inc, The Kraft Heinz Company, Rude Health, Kallo foods Limited, Wyandot, Inc., The Kellogg Company, SNAK-KING CORP, Hometown Food Company, and Good Grain among others.
Puffed Grain: Opportunities & Product Launch
There have been several recent advancements in the puffed grain varieties with flavors, and taste that is being introduced into the market. The key players operating in global puffed grain market are using existing technology such as extrusion, salt popping, oil/ sand popping methods as per the origin for producing puffed grain products and are also incorporating several variations to surge the health image of puffed grains.
For instance, in December 2019, General Mills, Inc., has started a joint-venture with The Hershey Co. to offer three new puffed cereal. These two players formerly work together on a number of offerings, such as Reese’s Puffs, Cocoa Puffs, Hershey’s Cookies and Creme Fillows Cereals.
In January 2018, Rude Health launched Puffed spelt in its breakfast category, the product contains a very high amount of fibre and it doesn’t contain any additional salt.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the puffed grain market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, nature, product type, application, and sales channel of the puffed grain market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Puffed Grain Report:
- An overview of the global puffed grain market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the puffed grain market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the puffed grain market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial puffed grain segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the puffed grain, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of puffed grain market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the puffed grain market.
Regional analysis of the Puffed Grain market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, U.K., BENELUX, Nordic, Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the puffed grain market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the puffed grain market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of puffed grain.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.